Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling up

Options
  • 01-12-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Just wondering I only have an air rifle at the moment. Dont have the time to use it so probably sell it. What do I do with my licence does it just get sent back in and if I wanted anything in a few months I would have to start again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If you sell the gun you'll have to inform the Gardai with an FCA2 form. If you want another one down the line you'll have to submit an FCA1 form and apply all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I dropped out of the shooting scene for a few years due business and personal reasons, but I never sold my firearms.
    IMO the three year license makes it easier to hang onto the guns. I know its a €80.00 lay out but look at it this way that's only 4 trips to the cinema with your partner. Hang on to it as long as you can, you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Cooki I take it you haven't be to the cinema in a while so.

But your dead right its only 80 quid to hang onto them. I'd do the same. Chances are one day you will see a rabbit or fox cross the road and you will get the buzz to head out. This might only happen once a year but at least you will have your gun.

Maybe change it to a 22lr this might spark your interest again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

yup - just hold onto it.

If you do ever decide to apply for anything else in the future, it's a lot more straightforward going in as an established firearms owners than starting from non-ownership all over again.

Advertisement