Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sling for HK417

• 01-12-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Just got a HK417 :) and am on the lookout for a good quality sling. I generally use a single point bungee sling or a Magpul MS2 sling but with the extra weight on the 417 and my unwillingness to install any kind of sling mount neither feels very comfortable. In fairness to the slings particularly the Magpul ones I am an awful fidget and the sort of player who is constantly adjusting/messing with his kit even whe its performing perfectly. Was wondering what other players were using with their heavier AEG's. Have seen a couple of people with slings wound round stock tubes which wouldn't be bad aesthetically...
    As always any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Great choice the 417 and cannot go wrong with an HK, now to sling options, for my pig iron (full metal, heavy, etc) RIF's the Genuine Magpul MS3, with Paracord as an extra link in the chain is a fantastic sling and the best I've used to date

It's excellent quality, with a wider strap Vs. The MS2 and gives you the option of one(1) or two(2) point use, plus the hooks / links are now polymer, so no more noisy metal, which I found to be more sneaky too

Feel free to check my one next time we meet onsite, if you do not have your own one by then ;)

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

Bfg Larry vickers sling are savage as well, or depending on your vest you could get a vest bungy sling but may be a bit restrictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

I have the 417 myself and found that it was hard to get slings to work for me with the sling mounts that are on it, I ordered the crusader sling mount and I'd highly recommend it for use with whichever sling you decide on, inexpensive but good quality. http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=CR-GM11-0006&search=special&rs=Hk%20417&catid=&cat=&view_choice=c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

found that it was hard to get slings to work for me with the sling mounts that are on it

Paracord is the solution ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Oddly enough for the heavier AEG's and replicas, I always go straight for the MS2, as like yourself I'd be a fidget. As a result I find it works exceptionally well for me - if I'm not using the gun right away i.e. moving into position, I have it on the two point, whereas once I'm in the thick of it, or ready for a bit more action, I swap it to the single point.

The two point takes the weight effectively for me, and the single point gives all the manoeuvrability I need.

For guns like the 417, I'd be adding a sling mount. I know you specified that you have a reluctance to do so, but you can get many aesthetically pleasing solutions, so I'd definitely be going down that route!

• Advertisement
Advertisement