Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing plug on 2 wire touch lamp

Options
  • 01-12-2013 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hey

I'm changing a plug on a bedside touch lamp (See lamp here). One of the pins broke on the original plug so I'm about to replace it with a new one.

I have the wire pared back now and I only see 2 wires, there is no ground wire. Should I be using a certain type of replacement plug? The plug I removed was in a solid plastic case - I couldnt open it, I had to cut it off. But the replacement plug is a bog standard one. Is this ok to use?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would be OK just wire in the live and neutral. Just make sure you have a low rated fuse 3 amps should do it.

Advertisement