Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buxus sempervirens

• 01-12-2013 11:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

was wondering if anyone has planted the above in a hedge , I have a four foot wall along the drive way to my house and was thinking of planting this evergreen , its a slow grower and doesn't grow especially high but I have no problem with that

just looking for some feedback re _ issues with frost etc , anything in particular to be wary of

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shrubs

Box blight has become quite prevalent in some areas. Frost hardy but really is slow growing! Ilex crenata will give you a similar look but much quicker growth and in my view is just as hardy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 jammy_doughnut

shrubs wrote: »
    Box blight has become quite prevalent in some areas. Frost hardy but really is slow growing! Ilex crenata will give you a similar look but much quicker growth and in my view is just as hardy.

what height does ilex crenata grow to ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Lonicera is another one that will give a similar look and is very quick and easy to grow. I have a couple of variagated box in my garden and they are no trouble at all, and no frost or other damage.

Advertisement