Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking up Religion now, pass possible?

Options
  • 02-12-2013 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Oh hey there,

I have taken up religion as an extra subject, I was told not too, but is so fascinating that I couldn't help myself.
    Anywho, I don't have a teacher, but I have the syllabus and I'm currently researching the project ''science and religion'' (though feeling lost since i'm not sure on what I should be researching)
    But anystrewdle, Is it possible to pass this beefy delicious subject if I begin studying now? Or am I out of my depth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Well what's the status of your other subjects? What does your desired course require points-wise?

I'd discourage taking up a subject now unless you really feel you don't have six subjects you can depend on currently. You have to also consider that taking up another subject inevitably reduces the amount of time you spend on your current subjects.

Don't just take it up because you're interested in religion. You could always study theology when you're older if it's simply a hobby as it's definitely an interesting subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Doubtful based on your username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 XxXNIMRODXxX

Hi, I'm currently doing that same project title and I chose to compare Genesis and the Big Bang. It's grand, just compare them, include your own insights etc. As for the rest of the course, there is a lot of material. A lot of it is quite waffely but they do ask very small things form the syllabus that you would generally not look at twice. There's a lot of just learning off about things but I would definitely say you could pass it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you intend sitting a subject that your school does not offer normally, please inform your school's Examinations Secretary as soon as possible so that your school's entries can be adjusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 StudyGirl

Hello there,

I would like to ask,where you successful in taking up the subject?Did your teacher authenticate your project for you.
    At the moment,I"m having serious issue in getting my teacher to sign my project for me,because she thinks its dishonest to sign the form for me,when she has not taught me the material.Please reply as soon as possible,drawing from your own experience of taking Religion as an extra subject.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In fairness, your teacher is right.
    The irony of the situation is sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 magister71

If you have done the work yourself and have told this to your teacher, then I think they are being harsh on you, by not signing off on it. Maybe some other person in the school, such as the principal or deputy might sign off on it for you, it's worth a try.

It is a legal document confirming that the teacher supervised the student doing the work. Under no circumstances should a Deputy Principal sign it.

Advertisement