Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Leaving Cert Qs.

• 02-12-2013 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Which of these answers would be enough for this question:

2005 Section 3 Q 1
    (A) Describe important aspects of the relationship between producers and consumers in business. (15)

Producers
    - Producers are businesses that make finished products to sell to consumers.
    - Producers are manufacturers who take raw materials and use a manufacturing process to turn them into a finished product.
    - They try and keep costs low so as to increase Profit and aims to satisfy needs and wants of consumers.

Consumer
    - A consumer is a person who buys goods or services from the producer for his own personal use.
    - The consumer provides the producer with market research information, by telling the producer what he likes and dislikes in a product.
    - The producer can use this information to make products that consumers like and make even more profit for herself.
    - Consumers for example purchase ordinary goods e.g. bread and butter, therefore their needs must be met i.e. they must receive high quality goods at affordable prices or else sales will decline.

Can you see how the producer and the consumer depend on each other?
    The producer depends on the consumer to buy her products so that she can make a profit. The consumer depends on the producer to make the products he needs and wants such as medicines, dishwashers and so on….

OR.....

• Consumers and producers depend on each other. Consumers need producers to make the products they need or want, such as headache tablets, washing machines, designer clothes and so on…Producers depend on consumers to buy the products they make so that they can make a decent profit from their business.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mirror Image

I'd say a modified version of the first answer would be best. If I was to do that question I would do a point on producers and give an example, a consumer and give an example, the relationship between them and an example.
    I'd aim for about 3 lines for each point and 2 for an example.

Advertisement