Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living christmas tree rental?

Options
  • 02-12-2013 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of any setup in Ireland that offers Living Christmas Tree rental.

Basically you "rent" a real, potted, christmas tree for the festive season. Then in January they come and collect the tree, replant it and rent it out again the following year.

I'm interested in this because I much prefer a real tree, a plastic one would just depress me, but real ones aren't exactly eco-friendly.

Heres one being run in the UK http://www.thelittletreecompany.com/christmas-tree-hire/

So anyone know of anywhere doing this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

Hi,

Does anyone know of any setup in Ireland that offers Living Christmas Tree rental.

Basically you "rent" a real, potted, christmas tree for the festive season. Then in January they come and collect the tree, replant it and rent it out again the following year.

I'm interested in this because I much prefer a real tree, a plastic one would just depress me, but real ones aren't exactly eco-friendly.

Heres one being run in the UK http://www.thelittletreecompany.com/christmas-tree-hire/

So anyone know of anywhere doing this?

you could just buy a real potted christmas tree and then bring it ndoors for christmas and then put it back outdoors on 6th january . also repot it into a bigger pot with some compost and feed .
    a real potted tree will do well to survive the temperaure shock from being in the cold and wet outdoors to being in a dry warm heated house for a month , then you need to keep a real close eye on it and water it on a daily basis too . so lots of work for the people in the house to look after it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Yes I think a potted tree will be the way to go.
    From what I have read, caring for it needn't be too difficult. Aslong as it isn't switched to and fro between extreme temperatures it should be ok. Our house is quite cool, as we tend not to have the heating on.

Advertisement