Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 16 Reports

Options
  • 02-12-2013 11:02am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Beat the Jags 45-10 last night, there was a few seconds left and Wright went streaking so i sent it to him and then he took it 80 yards.. i my excitement i was pretty close to forgetting about the score limit but managed to dive at the 10 yard line with no one around me.

Titans had 700 yards of offense to the Jags 200.
    The Jags were awful and but did get one nice long TD when i tried to go for the pick but instead dived on the ground :eek:

Titans D had 4 sacks and normal returner Mariani had 2 receiving TDs and will see game time in the next 2 game weeks as will Wooten who picked off a pass.
    Wright finished with 154 yards.

Overall I'm happy with my offense.. my D needs serious work though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Vikings beat the Bengals 56-31.

Ponder tossed 7 TDs (5 to Patterson) and 480+ yards in a game where the Vikings offence co-ordinator finally flicked to the section titled "Passing Plays". A single INT was the blotch on the record book but some good defensive back play by the Bengals led to some good passes being broken up.

Peterson still got over 100 yards and a TD though.

Vikings passing playbook is better than my previous experimenting. Formations are good and in combination with some hot routes depending on coverage you can end up with a lot of easy completions, as Patterson showed in a new NFL record 22 receptions in a game effort.

Gio Bernard was tough to contain even with the CPU and the Bengals had a tendency to run in obvious passing situations which led to me getting sliced apart for big rushing yardage for Gio.

Overall a good experiment for me for when I'll eventually have to chase a game in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts get slaughtered by the Chiefs after a disconnect in our 1st game which was 14-14 at the time.

Charles just went on the rampage, over 300 yards rushing with 5 TD's i think, could not stop him no matter what i tried, however i did get 3 sacks which was a 1st for me this season.

Luck threw 4 INT's now 8 in 2 games, but he did manage to throw 2 TD's to Heyward-Bey and Boyce and Reynaud ran in as well for his 19th TD of the season.

Perrin i will say good luck in the playoffs but i dont think you'll need it, and Jags get ready for friday cos your gonna get a whooping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Beat the Jags 45-10 last night, there was a few seconds left and Wright went streaking so i sent it to him and then he took it 80 yards.. i my excitement i was pretty close to forgetting about the score limit but managed to dive at the 10 yard line with no one around me.

Titans had 700 yards of offense to the Jags 200.
    The Jags were awful and but did get one nice long TD when i tried to go for the pick but instead dived on the ground :eek:

Titans D had 4 sacks and normal returner Mariani had 2 receiving TDs and will see game time in the next 2 game weeks as will Wooten who picked off a pass.
    Wright finished with 154 yards.

Overall I'm happy with my offense.. my D needs serious work though!
    Come on Heli. 700 yards on offense :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Bronocs beat the texans in a very tight game!

It was more or less all attack attack with defences getting nowhere! Turning point was probably when I was 7 points down late in 4th and got my PA pass picked off!

The quick passing game was nearly impossible to stop for me with only getting one pick usering my cornerback!

Great game adlum, probably see you in the playoffs! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

The Browns shock the Jets in what is surely the biggest upset of the season so far.

Final score Browns 28 Jets 26

After struggling all season with Brandon Weeden he is finally starting to come good passer rating last night of 136.4 3 td's and 1 int. Richardson also kept up his good form of late with 127 yards and a td combination of these two and a some luck thanks to a Jets missed field goal put the Browns in a position to win.

Well played Berty that missed field goal was unlucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

The Browns shock the Jets in what is surely the biggest upset of the season so far.

Final score Browns 28 Jets 26

After struggling all season with Brandon Weeden he is finally starting to come good passer rating last night of 136.4 3 td's and 1 int. Richardson also kept up his good form of late with 127 yards and a td combination of these two and a some luck thanks to a Jets missed field goal put the Browns in a position to win.

Well played Berty that missed field goal was unlucky.

Pretty sure berty losing is the 1st sign of the apocalypse...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

9ers beat the CPU Falcons 38-31 and move their win streak to 7 games and continue their push towards play offs!

Kaepernick and Ryan both with over 300 yards in offense and Vernon Davis Nade 200 yards with 5 receptions:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cowboys beat the Redskins 52-49. Yes, it was that mental.

Annoying lag made picking plays, taking kicks and making hot routes/adjustments very difficult, and each team went score for score, one pick each, and it came down to the last possession wins. I actually had the game won, when Owen Maricic my FB had enough for a 1st down to seal it, but instead he dived way too ****ing far for him moment of glory and a TD, and of course the Redskins scored right from the kickoff, so I had to do it all again, but luckily I did.

Also thought it was funny that Sean Lee was avoided all game, no passes thrown near him, but RGIII had one last chance at a long bomb, which I picked off with Sean Lee, he will not be denied!

Good game Pudsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Both teams played similar power running football and conservative passing attacks.
    If there is a difference it's the Patriots like to run outside a lot and the Ravens enjoy the long bomb throws.

Ridley with 3 rushing TD's and 107 yds
    Rice playing a dual threat, 31yds rushing & 63 yds receiving for two TD's

While Brady threw two picks and Flacco threw one both GM's can be satisfied this was a high quality game with few errors.

Gronk was almost decapitated in the 2nd quarter by my strong safety but he held onto the ball :confused::eek:
    This trend would continue to haunt the Ravens on 3rd downs, Gronk catches everything!

In contrast the usually excellent Torry Smith dropped an easy 7 yd pass on 3rd down :rolleyes: causing me to punt

Not a single sack in this game until the dying seconds and Flacco was attempting hail mary passes

MVP
    Well it goes to winning team and I'm not doing the usual of picking backs and QB's
    Dan Connolly RG had two pancake blocks and was blocking for Ridley outside on the right all day long. Take a bow Sir :cool:

Thanks for the chat and good luck for the playoffs

Bring on the Bengals :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Both teams played similar power running football and conservative passing attacks.
    If there is a difference it's the Patriots like to run outside a lot and the Ravens enjoy the long bomb throws.

Ridley with 3 rushing TD's and 107 yds
    Rice playing a dual threat, 31yds rushing & 63 yds receiving for two TD's

While Brady threw two picks and Flacco threw one both GM's can be satisfied this was a high quality game with few errors.

Gronk was almost decapitated in the 2nd quarter by my strong safety but he held onto the ball :confused::eek:
    This trend would continue to haunt the Ravens on 3rd downs, Gronk catches everything!

In contrast the usually excellent Torry Smith dropped an easy 7 yd pass on 3rd down :rolleyes: causing me to punt

Not a single sack in this game!!

MVP
    Well it goes to winning team and I'm not doing the usual of picking backs and QB's
    Dan Connolly RG had two pancake blocks and was blocking for Ridley outside on the right all day long. Take a bow Sir :cool:

Thanks for the chat and good luck for the playoffs

Bring on the Bengals :mad:

One sack and that was right at the end when you were in hail mary mode!!
    Really good run D by the Ravens. Gronk is my safety blanket on 3rd downs, he catches everything.
    Was disappointed to give up 2 picks as at the start of the season i was determined to keep them down. I had only 5 thrown till halfway thru the season and seem to have imploded!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Beat the steelmen 33-10 to go 10-5 and set up an early playoff with the Bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seahawks beat the Cardinals 45-21
    Lynch rushed for 200
    Wilson for 50
    Tate returned a kickoff for a td
    Harvin received for 130!

Larry Fitz burned Sherman twice for big touchdowns! :-D ( love Larry..)

Advertisement