Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill that has been paid! Received letter with charges!!!

Options
  • 02-12-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Once again I have to make my almost monthly contact with Eircom due to issues. 
    I received a delightful Monday morning letter to say that my direct debit payment has been refused and to top that off a fee of €18.45 inclusive of VAT has been raised to cover costs associated.

I paid my last bill by card as I had recently switched banks from AIB to PTSB. Eircom were advised as such and in the interim I paid last months bill by card even though the direct debit showed as active on my new bank account. 
    I was also assured it would be noted on the system and it wouldn't be requested from the bank last month and leave me with a double payment. 
    I'm assuming that you went ahead and requested the bill and from the closed account which might I add you were informed off.
    Its getting quite tiresome having to contact your call centre to deal with these issues not to mention the constant interruptions in service, I had no internet or phone for a whole weekend two weeks ago and its not the first time my service has had such problems.

Can you please look into this! 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Once again I have to make my almost monthly contact with Eircom due to issues. 
    I received a delightful Monday morning letter to say that my direct debit payment has been refused and to top that off a fee of €18.45 inclusive of VAT has been raised to cover costs associated.

I paid my last bill by card as I had recently switched banks from AIB to PTSB. Eircom were advised as such and in the interim I paid last months bill by card even though the direct debit showed as active on my new bank account. 
    I was also assured it would be noted on the system and it wouldn't be requested from the bank last month and leave me with a double payment. 
    I'm assuming that you went ahead and requested the bill and from the closed account which might I add you were informed off.
    Its getting quite tiresome having to contact your call centre to deal with these issues not to mention the constant interruptions in service, I had no internet or phone for a whole weekend two weeks ago and its not the first time my service has had such problems.

Can you please look into this! 

Hi Mince Pie,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you are having.

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Will PM it now Tracey thank you. If you could also tell me why I was charged for a previous returned Direct Debit as well that would be marvelous considering my bank do me the honours of charging for that as well. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Will PM it now Tracey thank you. If you could also tell me why I was charged for a previous returned Direct Debit as well that would be marvelous considering my bank do me the honours of charging for that as well. 

Yes that's no problem at all Mince Pie, I'll check that for you and come back to you soon.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement