Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office vs Retail premises

Options
  • 02-12-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm currently in a Retail premises for my computer repair business and it's getting a bit cramped space wise but an "office" premises down the road has become available. It is officially an office but it actually has a great window front and while I do have some sales from consumables like ink and the occasional second hand pc/laptop about 90% of my turnover is from repairs which is all done "behind the counter".

My question is would there be any legal issues with me moving into an office space but still having a window display, counter and shelves of inks etc.?

What exactly is the difference between a retail premises and an office premises from the point of view of the company trading there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

rates for retail tend to be higher than office IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Yeah they are, but I'm wondering is there any reason why I can't run the business with an office lease rather than a retail one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Depends on whther most of your business comes from people walking in or whether you collect the computers.

If most business is from cosnumers walkign in off the street then you need to have retail use.

Very possibly the "office" has retail use - check with the landlord.

Advertisement