Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratching in Sleep

Options
  • 02-12-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Well folks, I have lately been developing some very strange sleeping habits....

I have always been a sound sleeper, with no difficulty falling asleep at night. Lately, it is getting out of hand. I seem to be constantly not as well rested as I used to be, even though I am actually getting even more sleep that I used to.

I used to head to bed around 12 and wake up at 7.30, well rested and ready for the day... these days, from 9.30 onwards I am fighting the urge to nod off, and the second I get to bed (usually around 10) I am out for the count, whereas previously I would read a chapter or two of a book before I would nod off. When I wake up in the mornings now, I do not feel well rested at all, and I notice that I have been thrashing in my sleep as the sheets and duvets are all askew.

However, my main concern is the fact that I have started scratching in my sleep. And it is not just light scratching... It has come to the stage that I am now breaking the skin and I have to wash my bedsheets daily as I have bled on the sheets. I thought at first it was maybe the new washing powder I was using, but having changed back, there is no improvement.

I have never encountered anything like this before. A few times previously in my life I suffered from sleep paralysis, but this is much worse. I actually sleep through my scratching, and even with my nails cut short, I am scratching to the extent that I bleed.

Has anyone else ever encountered sleep scratching?

Advertisement