Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miles Kane - The Academy - 4th April

Options
  • 02-12-2013 12:57pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Miles Kane has announced a solo headline date at The Academy, Dublin on Thursday 3rd April. Tickets €26.40 incl. booking fee are on sale this Friday at 9am from Ticketmaster outlets and online at www.ticketmaster.ie

Following an electrifying performance on the Electric Picnic Main Stage this summer Miles Kane ushered in the autumn with brand new single ‘Better Than That’ in October. Taken from his critically acclaimed sophomore album ‘Don’t Forget Who You Are’ which took in 4* reviews across the board and secured Miles’s place at the top table of new British songwriting fare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Miles’s place at the top table of new British songwriting fare.

I think nearly all his songs are co-written with other songwriters. He should hook up with Jake Bugg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

This is coming up on Thursday looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Anybody go last night? I thought he was brilliant. Bit of a strange crowd, the man who took off his runner was just weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Yea was a great gig proper rock'n'roll stuff, yea I think that guy may have been under the influence of something other than alcohol :pac:

• Advertisement

He was definitely odd, was standing near him and found him a bit scary. There was another man who recorded the whole thing on his phone and had the setlist written out and ticked off each song as it was sung.

Miles was fantastic. That was my first time seeing him and thought he was brilliant. I love when its the last gig on a tour. They really relax and enjoy it more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea really enjoyed the gig even though i was at the back the amount of people that just talked pretty much the whole gig bar Come Closer

I dont understand talking through a gig, was at the same venue last year to see Haim and the amount of people who talked the whole night was unreal. Very annoying when you're there to listen to music.
    Heard miles is doing trinity ball tonight. Anybody going is in for a good night.

Advertisement