Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile store

Options
  • 02-12-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi, I've been advised to make a complaint about a manager in emobile store in Dublin and sent a mail to customercare@emobile.ie 

I'm also looking for a call back from the area manager for emobile stores in Dublin. Can you let me know who this person is and what their contact details are please? 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

kaisersoze wrote: »
    Hi, I've been advised to make a complaint about a manager in emobile store in Dublin and sent a mail to customercare@emobile.ie 

I'm also looking for a call back from the area manager for emobile stores in Dublin. Can you let me know who this person is and what their contact details are please? 
    Hi kaisersoze,

Sorry to hear you have a complaint in regard to one of our stores. I have been responding to your post on the eMobile forum. I will update you on that post.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RampantRichie

Hi there kaisersoze.

Could i request that you post a copy of the complaint here please. 
    My father has experienced trouble with an emobile/meteor/eircom store / TJT Telecoms Ltd store in Scotch Hall in Drogheda. 
    Any attempts to have the problem rectified were quickly moved to private emails/forums whereafter responses consisted of empty promises and lies for over five months now. 
    All he wanted was a working phone for his business. 

The Story:-
    My father bought an Samsung s4 for 99 euro on a meteor contract last August. 
    The phone was faulty. I attended the store with my father in order to return the phone and get a replacement phone. 
    We were told in store that it was normal for a brand new phone to malfunction and that removing the battery would fix it. 
    I happen to know that removing the battery is not recommended and that it fixes nothing. 
    We insisted that the phone be checked and were told that it would take Up TO a week! 
    After a 4-5 week period (this is more than a week) the phone was confirmed faulty. During that period the store personnel could not confirm the status or location of the phone ( they couldn't even confirm if the phone was in ireland). 
    As a result of the incompetent, misleading and truculent manner of the staff in the store My father became extremely upset about how he had been treated. 
    He was eventually given the option to have the phone replaced with a new phone, after over a month, or to have the contract cancelled and no further dealings with the store. My father chose to have the contract cancelled and left without a phone or refund after over a month.  
    I must point out at this point that I personally do not appreciate / consider it acceptable for an emobile, meteor, eircom, TJT Telecoms representative to tell me what I can and/or cannot do. I knew my rights and the Consume Rights of my father and as such did not appreciate being told contrary by the staff. 
    After the manager was supposed to have cancelled the contract my father received a PARTIAL refund from TJT telecoms for the phone. He paid 99 euro and was only refunded 69 euro. 
    If the story ended here it wouldn't be so bad. 
    However in November he received a letter from Meteor charging him 850 euros as the manager of the store in Drogheda FAILED to do as he agreed, namely cancel the contract and return the phone to Meteor. It must be noted that he continues in his failure as the phone has not been returned. 
    Now meteor have passed the bill to a debt collection agency all due to the shortcomings of emobile, meteor and TJT telecoms Ltd. 

Emobile staff on twitter are unwilling to help. 
    There IS NO WAY to proceed in store and this avenue has already been exhausted. 
    Before any suggestions to return to the store are made please realise that the store was consulted on many occasions and I do not believe that getting them to agree to sending the phone back again will make any difference as this request was made last year and nothing has transpired. 

I believe that the unwillingness to help and the passing of the buck by Meteor, E-Mobile and TJT Telecoms Ltd should be considered completely heinous. 

As it stands my father is having to undertake to retain a solicitor with the intention of counterclaiming any legal action which may transpire however this is tenuous as he does not know Meteors practice regarding debt collectors. 

I will be publishing this everywhere I can so Please if any official response is made do so on this open forum. 
    I will provide personal details privately however I will be continuing any conversation on the public forum. 

This is mainly to alert people that the store in drogheda is called TJT telecoms and is not an emobile/meteor/eircom store. That the store does not share any policies with the aforementioned companies and that none of the companies provided any helpful assistance or made any viable attempts to resolve the situation.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Hi there kaisersoze.

My father has experienced trouble with an emobile/meteor/eircom store / TJT Telecoms Ltd store in Scotch Hall in Drogheda.
    Any attempts to have the problem rectified were quickly moved to private emails/forums whereafter responses consisted of empty promises and lies for over five months now.

The phone was faulty. I attended the store with my father in order to return the phone and get a replacement phone.
    We were told in store that it was normal for a brand new phone to malfunction and that removing the battery would fix it.
    I happen to know that removing the battery is not recommended and that it fixes nothing.
    We insisted that the phone be checked and were told that it would take Up TO a week!
    After a 4-5 week period (this is more than a week) the phone was confirmed faulty. During that period the store personnel could not confirm the status or location of the phone ( they couldn't even confirm if the phone was in ireland).
    As a result of the incompetent, misleading and truculent manner of the staff in the store My father became extremely upset about how he had been treated.
    He was eventually given the option to have the phone replaced with a new phone, after over a month, or to have the contract cancelled and no further dealings with the store. My father chose to have the contract cancelled and left without a phone or refund after over a month.
    I must point out at this point that I personally do not appreciate / consider it acceptable for an emobile, meteor, eircom, TJT Telecoms representative to tell me what I can and/or cannot do. I knew my rights and the Consume Rights of my father and as such did not appreciate being told contrary by the staff.
    After the manager was supposed to have cancelled the contract my father received a PARTIAL refund from TJT telecoms for the phone. He paid 99 euro and was only refunded 69 euro.
    However in November he received a letter from Meteor charging him 850 euros as the manager of the store in Drogheda FAILED to do as he agreed, namely cancel the contract and return the phone to Meteor. It must be noted that he continues in his failure as the phone has not been returned.
    Now meteor have passed the bill to a debt collection agency all due to the shortcomings of emobile, meteor and TJT telecoms Ltd.

Before any suggestions to return to the store are made please realise that the store was consulted on many occasions and I do not believe that getting them to agree to sending the phone back again will make any difference as this request was made last year and nothing has transpired.

I believe that the unwillingness to help and the passing of the buck by Meteor, E-Mobile and TJT Telecoms Ltd should be considered completely heinous.

As it stands my father is having to undertake to retain a solicitor with the intention of counterclaiming any legal action which may transpire however this is tenuous as he does not know Meteors practice regarding debt collectors.

I will be publishing this everywhere I can so Please if any official response is made do so on this open forum.
    I will provide personal details privately however I will be continuing any conversation on the public forum.

This is mainly to alert people that the store in drogheda is called TJT telecoms and is not an emobile/meteor/eircom store. That the store does not share any policies with the aforementioned companies and that none of the companies provided any helpful assistance or made any viable attempts to resolve the situation.
    Hi RampantRichie
    we have spoken with your father re this matter. As he is the account holder we do have to deal with him and he is happy to deal with me directly and we will get this issue resolved. I cannot disclose details of another account, unless you have been identified on that account as a contact.
    The issue of outstand charges is with Meteor rather than eMobile and I can see you have contacted them regarding this. I am sure this will be followed up as a priority.
    I can see that the phone was faulty, that a refund was suggested and this could have been communicated more clearly.

It is regrettable that this issue was not clearly resolved earlier but all issues will be resolved soon.
    Regards
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Hi RampantRichie,

I'm not going to publish the details of my issue, however, I would say that the issue was not resolved to my satisfaction and just got nonsense emails from their "customer service"
    not satisfactory and once my contract is finished with them, I will move on to a better provider.

Hi there kaisersoze.

Before any suggestions to return to the store are made please realise that the store was consulted on many occasions and I do not believe that getting them to agree to sending the phone back again will make any difference as this request was made last year and nothing has transpired.

Hi RampantRichie
    we have spoken with your father re this matter. As he is the account holder we do have to deal with him and he is happy to deal with me directly and we will get this issue resolved.  I cannot disclose details of another account, unless you have been identified on that account as a contact.
    The issue of outstand charges is with Meteor rather than eMobile and I can see you have contacted them regarding this. I am sure this will be followed up as a priority.
    I can see that the phone was faulty, that a refund was suggested and this could have been communicated more clearly.

It is regrettable that this issue was not clearly resolved earlier but all issues will be resolved soon.
    Regards
    Tony
    Thank you Tony, I believe we spoke on the phone last year, (when you called me regarding the situation surrounding my father) I am glad you appear to be taking steps toward resolving this issue. 
    However the issue, if it is to be resolved soon, still has not been resolved. 
    I will post here when I receive news that the issue has been resolved and I will also state if the resolution is satisfactory to my father considering the absolute nightmare he has experienced due to the failure of e-mobiles representatives, namely the TJT Telecoms ltd employees in scotch hall. 

Thank you for attempting to have this matter resolved Tony and I look forward to hearing about the outcome of your efforts. 

• Advertisement

Just as an update:

I have received an email from emobile customer care apologising for SOME ISSUES experienced and advising that I should contact Meteor Customer Care. Is this the case because in 2013 when this issue was already a number of months old I was told by both meteor and emobile that it was an issue with the store which was trading on behalf of emobile and selling meteor and eircom contracts. 

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Just as an update:

I have received an email from emobile customer care apologising for SOME ISSUES experienced and advising that I should contact Meteor Customer Care. Is this the case because in 2013 when this issue was already a number of months old I was told by both meteor and emobile that it was an issue with the store which was trading on behalf of emobile and selling meteor and eircom contracts. 
    Hi RampantRichie,

If the issue is in regards to products and services purchased from Meteor then you would be required to go through Meteor directly if you have not gotten a resolution.

Tony

Advertisement