Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i stay

Options
  • 02-12-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

just seeing if any one is or was in the same position as me,been in oz for the last 1.5 years working for a company that are mad keen to sponsor me to keep me in oz, one draw back I have no formal skills on paper. just looking for any info can I sit skill recognition test to get the 457 have years of exp in a trade that is on the list. other way I was thinking was setting up a company my self the boss has told me I could sub work off him but immigration website is very confusing, will be home at Christmas if any one can recommend an agent who they have dealt with rang one crowd who told me they could get me a visa with out finding out my background sounded like bull just thinking some of them will tell me what I want to hear to get my money,
    any help would be great
    thamks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

You don't really need skills assessment for 457, in fact over the last few years it seems a lot of people just made sh!t up and that's what sort of ruined it for genuine people.

After the new rules in July 457 visa grants are down 45% on the same period last year, even a 457 visa is no guarantee to be able to stay I know of one idiot in Melbourne who got sponsored earlier this year but luckily his boss caught on and give him the Ant & Dec there in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I think if you can prove you have 5+ years experience then you dont need a formal qualification. Dont quote me on that for sure but look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

mandrake04 wrote: »
    luckily his boss caught on and give him the Ant & Dec there in September.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ant%20n%20dec:confused:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Yeah he got the sack to clear up your confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Yeah, I didn't think it was either of the UD suggestions. Cheers for the chuckles though:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 step2

Noo wrote: »
    I think if you can prove you have 5+ years experience then you dont need a formal qualification. Dont quote me on that for sure but look into it.
    That is no problem proving the experience , can't figure out immigration web site any one know a good agent in Ireland that could talk me through it all plus any one got any info on setting up a company after who has run out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

mandrake04 wrote: »

After the new rules in July 457 visa grants are down 45% on the same period last year,
    I imagine the massively increased visa and schooling fees have put off a lot good candidates. Australia seems less open for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

How you go abour getting your skills recognised depends on your skill / trade

This website is for Australian Skills Recommendation Information (ASRI) and gives an A-Z listing for each occupation

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/index.htm

This is a link to Trades Recognition Australia

http://www.innovation.gov.au/SKILLS/SKILLSASSESSMENT/TRADESRECOGNITIONAUSTRALIA/Pages/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

I found the immigration agency in dublin useful, i didn't use them because they were expensive

Advertisement