Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which macbook pro?

Options
  • 02-12-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello all,
    To make a long story short my trusty macbook which ive had for 4 years is on its last legs, time to upgrade. Im a graphic designer, but im also studying for my masters in motion graphics, therefore my new mackbook will need be able to run the usual creative suite along with fcp, after effects and cinema 4D.
    A pc is out of the question, as is an iMac as I move around a lot.

Im caught between the 13" retina display, Dual core i5 2.4ghz with the 8gb of memory and 256gb hd and the 15" version with the i7 Quad core 2ghz[FONT=times new roman,times,serif].[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times,serif][FONT=times new roman,times,serif]

Theres €400 in the difference, but im already stretching the budget at the 13". I know an iMac is the ideal solution but as I already said its not practical for me at the moment. The render times on the iMacs in college are cruel and there Quad core, but with less memory.

Advice is welcome, ideally from those who are using one of the above for graphics and motion work.

Cheers,
    Laura
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Comments

Advertisement