Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical interference causing terrible signal.

Options
  • 02-12-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I've always had bad internet speed, and I'm just curious about one of the reasons I've been given that is causing it. I've been told by eircom engineers that there's electrical interference on our line, and one of the many times I've been on the phone you someone even told me it could be because of an electric fence on our road! I just find this ridiculous that there isn't more being done to discover what is actually causing it. 

As it is, we get around 1.2-1.6 mb speed, and we've been told that since we're 4.5km from the exchange that we're lucky to be getting that speed. 

Also, according to the eircom website when I type in our landline it tells me that we're able to get 24mb broadband :eek: I'm curious as to know why it would give false readings like that since there's no way in hell we could get that. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi there.

I've always had bad internet speed, and I'm just curious about one of the reasons I've been given that is causing it. I've been told by eircom engineers that there's electrical interference on our line, and one of the many times I've been on the phone you someone even told me it could be because of an electric fence on our road! I just find this ridiculous that there isn't more being done to discover what is actually causing it. 

As it is, we get around 1.2-1.6 mb speed, and we've been told that since we're 4.5km from the exchange that we're lucky to be getting that speed. 

Also, according to the eircom website when I type in our landline it tells me that we're able to get 24mb broadband :eek: I'm curious as to know why it would give false readings like that since there's no way in hell we could get that. 

Hi The_Pretender,

I'm afraid I've never heard of an electric fence causing issues to a broadband connection nor an electrical interference.

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll check the exact reason as to why you are achieving these speeds?

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement