Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm

Options
  • 02-12-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, have an astec alarm system in the house about 6 year, most nights once or twice alarm goes off for zone 2- this is 4 front windows which only have those vibration sensors- no contact sensors could I change these for contact sensors? Also anywhere I can get an installation manual

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could change them for contacts, but you would need to add a 680ohm resistor across each one for it to work on Astec.
    You would be better off finding the problem with that zone first before replacing anything. It may be one faulty device or a bad connection etc.
    I'll PM you the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

I have been having similar problems with my alarm, any chance you could pm me a copy of the manual too, maybe i can troubleshoot and see if its an easy fix :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sent you that as well. . The only sure way to find these issues is by checking the resistance on the whole zone. I'm mobile at the moment, I'll put up a link later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Sweet thanks, seems to be quite intermittent,

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Could you sent me the manual too at your convenience.

Kids broke the panic button and the installer is no longer around so can't use it until I remove the panic button zone.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Here's a link to check the resistance

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056655452

It's around post nine I think.

If I locate the faulty sensor can I just bypass it by joining the wires?

Yes. But even if you find one continue on and check the rest of them. There may be more than one.

Good stuff, thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

V1llianous wrote: »

Kids broke the panic button and the installer is no longer around so can't use it until I remove the panic button zone.

Cheers.

To disable you will need to see where the end of line cable is, plus if its on its own zone. If there is an end of line you will have two cores used, connect each of the cores used to one leg of the resistor. If the panic is wired in series with windows or doors, simply join the two cores going across the panic terminals together to stop the panel seeing the panic.

• Advertisement

You can replace that broken one with any standard panic button & put a 27k resistor across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Very straight forward to do with a 27k resistor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 not techy

Hi,
    I m having an issue with my ASTEC 63 alarm box. It is showing Fault 1 Sab 22 call engineer - anyone know what this means ? i cannot find anything engineer manual online.. thanks

It's a fault with the external bell or the wiring to it..
    To eliminate the wiring take the bell down and wire on a short length of cable directly into the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 not techy

Thanks koolkid

V1llianous wrote: »

Cheers.

Please can you PM me the manual :D

Thanks

Sent you that manual.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sent you that manual.

Thanks

Advertisement