Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job losses at kerry ingredients listowel

Options
  • 02-12-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

heard at the weekend that up to sixty jobs in r and d at Kerry ingredients in listowel are to go been moved to nass after Christmas not good news for the workers or Kerry :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

50shades wrote: »
    heard at the weekend that up to sixty jobs in r and d at Kerry ingredients in listowel are to go been moved to nass after Christmas not good news for the workers or Kerry :(

A lot of people in Kerry Group in Tralee are being told to move too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scoby5

:(15 jobs 2 go at kerry foods depot n galway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 50shades

scoby5 wrote: »
    :(15 jobs 2 go at kerry foods depot n galway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    are they off to nass as well???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

The majority of Kerry administration will be moved to Kildare in the future. All that will be left in Kerry is a shell HQ and the Agri sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

Does this mean Kerry Group will be sponsoring the Kildare team next year ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

It won't be too early in the new year - naas is still a big building site.

Also, jobs are not being lost - they are being transferred to a new state of the art complex that will keep Kerry group as the leader in its field. It also means the ADDITION of several hundred new staff too.

I'd say its great news for the workers - gives them huge promotion opportunities and the money involved in the investment would also suggest that their jobs whilst moving, will be extremely safe.

Change is good!

sandin wrote: »
    It won't be too early in the new year - naas is still a big building site.

Also, jobs are not being lost - they are being transferred to a new state of the art complex that will keep Kerry group as the leader in its field. It also means the ADDITION of several hundred new staff too.

I'd say its great news for the workers - gives them huge promotion opportunities and the money involved in the investment would also suggest that their jobs whilst moving, will be extremely safe.

Change is good!

Are you working in HR? Tell your good news to the people who are settled with families and have mortgages in Tralee and Listowel. Having worked for KG I know that a large proportion of the "new" jobs are just a consolidation of existing locations where the staff have been given the option of "to hell or to Naas".

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

The people who established Kerry Group must be turning in their graves!

The management only care about money - their money. They don't care about the people, the heritage, the County of Kerry. Only monay.

Shame on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Slasher wrote: »
    The people who established Kerry Group must be turning in their graves!

The management only care about money - their money. They don't care about the people, the heritage, the County of Kerry. Only monay.

Shame on them.
    has it been confirmed officially in listowel yet maybe its only hear say seen nothing about it in the national news papers

has it been confirmed officially in listowel yet maybe its only hear say seen nothing about it in the national news papers

Natural progression tbh. Flight access better from kildare for buyers of products. Centralised R&D and administration and IT.

Co-op discussing bringing shareholding owned down to 10% atm and in a few years below that.so more shares in circulation and bigger tranches of shares owned by foreign shareholders needing better access to management. All easier from kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

5live wrote: »
    Natural progression tbh. Flight access better from kildare for buyers of products. Centralised R&D and administration and IT.

Co-op discussing bringing shareholding owned down to 10% atm and in a few years below that.so more shares in circulation and bigger tranches of shares owned by foreign shareholders needing better access to management. All easier from kildare.
    fair enough but surely the hard hit workers and families wont take it lie in down and at least make a protest of some sorts jobs hard to come by in south west.

fair enough but surely the hard hit workers and families wont take it lie in down and at least make a protest of some sorts jobs hard to come by in south west.
    Its not going to hit the processing side, just head office and head offices admin sections.

And if the workers jobs go to kildare, they will be given the choice of moving with the job or leaving. Some will go, some will leave. Hobsons choice really.

I dont see there being any protest, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Are you working in HR? Tell your good news to the people who are settled with families and have mortgages in Tralee and Listowel. Having worked for KG I know that a large proportion of the "new" jobs are just a consolidation of existing locations where the staff have been given the option of "to hell or to Naas".

No I don't work in HR - I presume if anyone disagrees with you, you automatically assume they are working against you? - mmm - not a progressive type.

I used to live in Boston - I was told the position I was in was being transferred to Seattle. I was given 2 weeks to move. That's life. At least Kerry group are giving many months notice and their new centre will be state of the art and a world beater.

But then some people hate change, cos it might cause them a little disruption. Ah bless.

sandin wrote: »
    No I don't work in HR - I presume if anyone disagrees with you, you automatically assume they are working against you? - mmm - not a progressive type.

I used to live in Boston - I was told the position I was in was being transferred to Seattle. I was given 2 weeks to move. That's life. At least Kerry group are giving many months notice and their new centre will be state of the art and a world beater.

But then some people hate change, cos it might cause them a little disruption. Ah bless.

Actually, I don't mind change. I had no issue getting a new job in Co. Kerry. I'm speaking for the people I worked with who worked with Kerry Group for 10 years + who have mortgages and kids in school here and aren't as fortunate as I am. If you're willing to doff the cap and say yes sir whenever a company demands you uproot family and sell your house or lose your job after many years of loyalty then maybe you'd want to be checking your priorities. Some of us value our quality of life down here.

Advertisement