Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Maths tips?

• 02-12-2013 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I'm repeating LC Maths at OL and need a B3 to do the course I want.

I did the leaving in 2011 so I'm not familiar with the new course.

I'm thinking I should just get a maths book, past papers and a tutor and cram like crazy.

Anyone have any tips?

Most important topics? Should I maybe get two grind tutors for a bit of variety?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sara16

We use active maths books and they're quite good!
    I'd say just do as many questions as you can and keep practising :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Agreed - practice, practice, practice! The actual exam papers are available to buy soon- they think the New Year so maybe buy a different copy from a few publishers to get extra sample papers! Good Luck!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

The Edco and Educate ones are out- was talking to someone about it. Seems ridiculous to only just have the SEC papers out now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

d1234 wrote: »
    Agreed - practice, practice, practice! The actual exam papers are available to buy soon- they think the New Year so maybe buy a different copy from a few publishers to get extra sample papers! Good Luck!
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The Edco and Educate ones are out- was talking to someone about it. Seems ridiculous to only just have the SEC papers out now.

Yeah I had a look at the Educate.ie papers today, I think they came out last week.

But yeah, get both Edco and Educate.ie and start practising questions from both of them.

Advertisement