Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart screening

Options
  • 02-12-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    So I was thinking at the weekend. I do alot of exercise these days and some of it is quite intense. With all the recent media attention of SADS fresh in my mind is there any clinic or travelling clinic where I can get checked in Dublin? I know the gaa provide this service for alot of players so there might be a mobile unit.

Anyways, any info is appreciated
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There was a general fitness check included in my VHI. Went up to the Santry clinic, had a few things strapped to my chest, mask on my face and was put on a treadmill. Not too sure it would have shown up SADS symptoms, but put my mind at ease for another whiel anyway. If ya have health insurance check it out - it might be included in your policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

terencemc wrote: »
    Hey,
    So I was thinking at the weekend. I do alot of exercise these days and some of it is quite intense. With all the recent media attention of SADS fresh in my mind is there any clinic or travelling clinic where I can get checked in Dublin? I know the gaa provide this service for alot of players so there might be a mobile unit.

Anyways, any info is appreciated
    T

Similiar thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057072875

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

waiting on an echo after gp heard a murmur.. most likely nothing .. if you want to get checked out you could start with gp..

Advertisement