Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/cheapest way to get from Dublin City to Naas?

Options
  • 02-12-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

How much is the train from Heuston to Kildare?

Looks like a lot of hopping on and off buses otherwise ...

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

No train station in Naas anyway,you'd have to walk or get the bus from Sallins station.

Get the Bus Eireann 126 from Connolly Luas,Busaras,Ha'penny Bridge to Naas,takes about 70 mins.€7.50 for an adult single.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

bus from red cow to naas e5 every hour

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Three options:
    1) Bus Eireann - Route 126
    - Cash fare Single - €7.50, Day Return €9.90; LEAP €6.30 Single / €9.90 24 hour ticket

2) Train to Sallins and free connecting bus to Naas (Bus is in italics)
    - Single €8.60 (€7.80 off-peak) / Day Return €14.60 (€11.70 off-peak)

3) LUAS to Red Cow and Dublin Coach from there to Naas
    - Single €5 / Return €10

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

lxflyer wrote: »
    Three options:
    1) Bus Eireann - Route 126
    - Cash fare Single - €7.50, Day Return €9.90; LEAP €6.30 Single / €9.90 24 hour ticket

2) Train to Sallins and free connecting bus to Naas (Bus is in italics)
    - Single €8.60 (€7.80 off-peak) / Day Return €14.60 (€11.70 off-peak)

3) LUAS to Red Cow and Dublin Coach from there to Naas
    - Single €5 / Return €10

Thanks so much for the comprehensive reply. I appreciate it. I seem to be gravitating to the LUAS option (given that I'm not from Dublin and just generally comfortable with the LUAS), but is the Bus Eireann one easiest, really? I presume it's from Busáras?

Does the bus go directly from the LUAS stop in Red Cow? Because I remember the stop itself being quite a bit away, and a long blustery walk at that, especially in this cold.

Put in this way, if you had to get to Naas from Trinity, which one would you take?

Thanks so much again!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Bus Eireann 126 (130 goes to Naas also if you see it) is by far the easiest, no hassle changing and there's a load of stops all through Naas depending on where you need to get off.

If you're coming from trinity get it from George's Quay or from Wellington Quay. You might need to hail the bus to pull in at George's quay.

Also if you're a student and not coming back the same day, get a student return, but if you're coming back the same day there's no student price.

• Advertisement

Two points re LUAS option:

1) With the LUAS/Dublin Coach you will also have to pay for the LUAS fare. The Dublin Coach stop is right beside the LUAS stop.
    2) With the LUAS option you need to guess which LUAS to get to be in Red Cow on time.

I'd have to say that if it were me, I'd go with the Bus Eireann option. It's direct and no changes are involved. You can board it beside the Ha'penny Bridge or beside Connolly LUAS stop, or indeed at Heuston Station on St. John's Road.

Thanks again guys!

I think I'll take the bus option. How often are the buses, does anyone know?

The timetable is in post #4 - click on "route 126".

Me being stupid. OK thanks so much again; I really appreciate it.

Advertisement