Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videography Business Advice

Options
  • 02-12-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi guys, wondering could anyone give me some advice.
    I have a huge interest in video editing and creating personal videos for special occasions. I've been thinking about starting up my own wedding videography business but am I crazy to start up my own business the way things are in Ireland at the minute. Is there money in this business?? Obviously it depends on the quality of your work but how much would the average wedding videographer make a year? This idea has been burning at the back of my head for the last 2 years and I suppose I'm looking for the insiders view on it. If they could go back to when they started what do they wish they knew and what would they do differently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

dimples06 wrote: »
    Hi guys, wondering could anyone give me some advice.
    I have a huge interest in video editing and creating personal videos for special occasions. I've been thinking about starting up my own wedding videography business but am I crazy to start up my own business the way things are in Ireland at the minute. Is there money in this business?? Obviously it depends on the quality of your work but how much would the average wedding videographer make a year? This idea has been burning at the back of my head for the last 2 years and I suppose I'm looking for the insiders view on it. If they could go back to when they started what do they wish they knew and what would they do differently?
    You could try teaming up with a wedding photographer. Video might be a hard sell, if you could have a few photographers that would call you to handle any video work you wouldn't have to do as much self promotion.

Advertisement