Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SmallTV advice

• 02-12-2013 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

I currently have an older 26" samsung tv I am looking at replacing with something of a similar size as it's a smallish room.

Now from a general look around most of the TV's in the 26"-28" range don't seem to be worth my money, most are no better than my current one.

So I got to thinking at that size would I be better off getting a pc monitor with an audio output and hdmi input? It's main use would be for light TV viewing and excessive gaming on xbox 360/one.

Really when i think about it, this seems like a sensible option in that I have no need for a built in tv tuner as I will be using a saorview box (hdmi) and the screen does not need any more than one hdmi port as I have a decent hdmi switch.

Opinions and suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

As an example I was looking at something like this http://www.dabs.ie/products/philips-27--ips-led-1920x1080-vga-hdmi-mhl-speakers---white-8MB1.html?refs=51060000-57050000&src=3

Would this be ok for running a saorview box and xbox through ?????

My main concerns would be viewing angles (watching tv in bed) and overall image quality for xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I purchased this an LG 29ln460u Smart TV a few weeks ago...replacing an 6 year old Bush 26inch LED. The Bush has a huge bezel and speakers on it, so the LG is actually smaller even with a bigger screen It has an satellite input and aerial input so you can get freeview and saorview on the one tv. Planning to set all this up next week. Means no boxes around tv cluttering it up.

Its a smart tv, so you have access to netflix, lovefilm, nowtv apps as well as many more! Only down side to it is the writing is pretty small on the screen, so when going through my media content its hard to read.

Got it from these guys (http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/29ln460u/lg-29ln460u) and have been very happy so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Going to bump this guys, I need to make a decision soon.

I should add that after a trip around the shops I came to the realisation that a 32" TV these days is the same size as my 26" 5 year old one because of it's massive bezel :eek:

So to change what I said originally wanted , I really want the best I can get under 400 for gaming and light TV/Movie viewing

Main concerns about a monitor would be viewing angle and audio output.

Advertisement