Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Restaurant in Dublin with no/low corkage fee?

Options
  • 02-12-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a fancy restaurant in Dublin for a special occasion that does not charge extra for corkage? I had my eye on Il Posto on Stephens Green, but they are not offering BYOB from Mon-Wed during the month of December according to their website.

I'm fine paying for corkage for a special bottle of champagne if it is too difficult to avoid of course. Any suggestions are much appreciated - Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oil and Water, Fancy Restaurant and Corkage... OP; some things just don't go together!

If you're looking at this month it'll be next to impossible as its peak Xmas Party season. Apologies if this sounds harsh but its best be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Vintage Kitchen is great and no corkage charged (normally, not sure if they're bringing it in for December), it's cosy and the food is great, not sure on what your definition of romantic is, but I think it would be. Regarding "fancy" I was in the Cliff Town House on Friday and it would be regarded as fancier than the vintage but I preferred the vintage, more relaxed, nicer vibe etc, The Cliff Town House was lovely too but for me Vintage would win every time.

www.thevintagekitchen.ie

http://www.theclifftownhouse.com/cliff-townhouse-restaurant/the-restaurant

Advertisement