Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game scarcity

Options
  • 02-12-2013 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get mallard and/or wild rabbit in Dublin or the South East? I tried the English Market in Cork on Saturday because I've got it there before, but even they had no rabbit and said they can't get any. (Farmed French rabbit are ruled out as far as I'm concerned on grounds both of taste and of animal welfare.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,444 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Contact Wild Irish game and find out from them who your local stockists are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Butcher shop on Moore St. had rabbit, pigeon and woodcock last week. May have had other kinds but as I shoot my own I was only looking out of curiosity.

Joe

Shop name is Buckley's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

If it's any use O'Sullivans Poultry in the english market have a lot of different meat types, and often have rabbits. They have a big trade in Venison during the venison season (October to March) and their venison is very good, i eat a lot of it!

Most of the rabbit I've seen has been frozen and defrosted, never something that interested me, though I have eaten it a few times.

They vacuum pack stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Dermighty wrote: »
    If it's any use O'Sullivans Poultry in the english market have a lot of different meat types, and often have rabbits. They have a big trade in Venison during the venison season (October to March) and their venison is very good, i eat a lot of it!

Most of the rabbit I've seen has been frozen and defrosted, never something that interested me, though I have eaten it a few times.

They vacuum pack stuff too.

They don't have any wild rabbit these days - will probably be the spring before they have them back. They often have French farmed rabbit which is a totally different beast. I love wild rabbit if cooked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

FXB Moore St has a good selection.
    Doyle's Blackrock often has some (had some yesterday, but not rabbit or mallard).
    Fenlon's Stillorgan has had rabbit the last few itmes I've been in.
    Place in Terenure used to always stock exotic meats, haven't been there in years though.

FXB in Moore st. is the best bet.

F.

• Advertisement
Advertisement