Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/most practical music festival

Options
  • 02-12-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

What's the best music festival to go to? Really want to go to one this Summer, furthest I'd be willing to go to is the UK, considering T in the Park.

Need to take into account cost of travel etc as Im a student and funds are lacking.

Bands I'd be hoping to see would be like The Killers, The Arctic Monkeys, Imagine Dragons, The Strypes etc

Cheers, also sharing your experience and rough cost of travel and ticket would be really helpful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Might be nearly as cheap to go to one in France or Spain as it would be to the UK. Think of the currency change etc. But I suppose you could go on the ferry to the UK if it came to it, and get cheap bus travel once you're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 nine9nine

seachto7 wrote: »
    Might be nearly as cheap to go to one in France or Spain as it would be to the UK. Think of the currency change etc. But I suppose you could go on the ferry to the UK if it came to it, and get cheap bus travel once you're there.

The latter is what I was thinking but you have given me something to think about cheers.

Another thing to keep in mind is I want to go on after the LC and Im only 17. Im sure some if not most festivals you'd have to be 18? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

nine9nine wrote: »
    The latter is what I was thinking but you have given me something to think about cheers.

Another thing to keep in mind is I want to go on after the LC and Im only 17. Im sure some if not most festivals you'd have to be 18? :/

If you are under 18, most festivals either won't allow you in or will require you to be accompanied by someone over 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 nine9nine

If you are under 18, most festivals either won't allow you in or will require you to be accompanied by someone over 18.

for t in the park it just says '' Children under 16 must hold a full price ticket and must be accompanied by a guardian of over 21 who will be required to provide suitable proof of age and fill out a guardianship of minor form. '' so I assume 17 y/o's are all right

Advertisement