Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job offer

Options
  • 02-12-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

hi i have a job offer for regina just wondering what tax and other deductions i would pay each week ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Sam Swarek

Im in Regina at the moment pal, you can expect 30% to be taken off you or therebouts!

ps bring your woolies, its f'ckn freezing!!

EDIT: Just checked my recent payslip and i pay 35% on the nose all in with taxes and deductions! (they dont tell you that when they try sell Canada to ya)

you have to pay into a pension plan which is taken from your wages too, its compulsory in Saskatchewan and im sure across Canada also, its taken by your employer at source. if you ever return to ireland, this money can be recouped as far as Im aware

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭jiminho

Sam Swarek wrote: »
    you have to pay into a pension plan which is taken from your wages too, its compulsory in Saskatchewan and im sure across Canada also, its taken by your employer at source. if you ever return to ireland, this money can be recouped as far as Im aware

Really? Are you sure about that. I would love to know. That could add up to 10k by the time i go home so

jiminho wrote: »
    Really? Are you sure about that. I would love to know. That could add up to 10k by the time i go home so

yeah, im 100pc on that, its compulsory so that the government is not left paying peoples pensions when they retire, they have the same system in Australia. whatever your wage will be knock 35% off it for your take home.at least with the pension money you'll get that back if you ever return to ireland plus you should be able to claim your tax back too but for living here, take 35pc off your salary.

• Advertisement

If you have a link or something handy that would be great. I've heard Canadians say that but I've noticed they tend to just agree with you rather then say they don't know the answer.

Creation of the Canada Pension Plan
    The CPP, established in 1966, is a compulsory, contributory social insurance program that provides basic earnings replacement in the event of retirement, disability or death of a contributor. It is financed through contributions from employees, employers and self-employed people, and from investment income of the CPP Fund. Almost everyone who works in Canada contributes to the CPP, except for those who work in Quebec. Quebec workers contribute to the Quebec Pension Plan (QPP), which is similar to the CPP in terms of coverage and benefits. Under both plans, eligible contributors receive retirement and disability benefits based on earnings and contributions made during their contributory period. Benefits can also be paid to the survivors or dependent children of contributors. However, the QPP has some important variations with respect to credit splitting. Legal practitioners with clients who have made contributions to the QPP, or to both the CPP and the QPP, should contact QPP officials for more information (see page 11). Contributions to both plans are taken into account.

Creation of the Canada Pension Plan
    The CPP, established in 1966, is a compulsory, contributory social insurance program that provides basic earnings replacement in the event of retirement, disability or death of a contributor. It is financed through contributions from employees, employers and self-employed people, and from investment income of the CPP Fund. Almost everyone who works in Canada contributes to the CPP, except for those who work in Quebec. Quebec workers contribute to the Quebec Pension Plan (QPP), which is similar to the CPP in terms of coverage and benefits. Under both plans, eligible contributors receive retirement and disability benefits based on earnings and contributions made during their contributory period. Benefits can also be paid to the survivors or dependent children of contributors. However, the QPP has some important variations with respect to credit splitting. Legal practitioners with clients who have made contributions to the QPP, or to both the CPP and the QPP, should contact QPP officials for more information (see page 11). Contributions to both plans are taken into account.

That doesn't really say anything about getting it back tho if we leave.

jiminho wrote: »
    That doesn't really say anything about getting it back tho if we leave.

how about you do your own bit of research on the internet if you dont trust what im saying??!!

how about you do your own bit of research on the internet if you dont trust what im saying??!!

I have and I haven't come across anything that says we can claim back the CPP. Also, I've rang service Service Canada and the people I've talked to informed me they've never been requested for a refund and they don't know if we can get one. No one I know over here knows if we can or can't and I was only asking because you might know something to the contrary yeh ignorant tw*t ;)

• Advertisement

yes you can definately get it transferred to a pension fund at home if/should you return home or else it can be paid back to you in a lump some open your return to ireland, if i can find any info ill pass it onto you but im sure of it -even if you think about it, why would they hang onto your pension money if your not going to be retiring in canada?

yes you can definately get it transferred to a pension fund at home if/should you return home or else it can be paid back to you in a lump some open your return to ireland, if i can find any info ill pass it onto you but im sure of it -even if you think about it, why would they hang onto your pension money if your not going to be retiring in canada?

Oh yeh definitely. That's what i thought when i got over here but I just haven't been able to confirm, it's all just hearsay. Thanks anyway and besides i won't be looking for it for another 2-3 years at least.

Advertisement