Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone not selling iPhone 5s PAYG, Solution maybe?

• 02-12-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I was wondering if it would be possible to buy the phone from meteor, because they are one of the people that sell the iPhone 5s on Pay As You Go, and then get it unlocked.

Alternatively I also could get it off the apple website but that's a lot of effort, credit card numbers, address, waiting around for it to arrive. Just wondering what my best bet would be, Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You will have to spend around €150 on credit before any network will unlock a prepay phone. Apple is the easiest way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dylanobyrne1

I guess, does it take 2-3 weeks to arrive though? :/

Never bought one from apple so couldn't tell you.

Alright, Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Well like it's apple though, not reliable with delivery dates ._.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Do you not have to pick one of the networks when ordering from apple?

No, it's unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'd highly recommend going with the Apple Online Store. I always order direct from Apple if I can, I find it easier. Delivery estimate is always spot on, and by that I mean about 99% of the stuff I've ordered from the Apple store has arrived earlier than the deliver estimate. I ordered an iPad Air on Friday with an estimate of Dec 19th - 27th and it'll be delivered tomorrow. So that's well ahead of the estimate by at least 2 weeks ;)

Buying from Meteor wouldn't be useful as you'd still need to spend enough in credit for the unlock code. Only problem for ordering online would be having to make sure somebody is there to collect delivery. But once you get the UPS tracking code you'll know at least one day in advance of it's expected delivery.

• Advertisement

Couldn't you get it delivered to parcel motel for €7? So no missed delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Well like it's apple though, not reliable with delivery dates ._.

I don't know how many times you've ordered online from Apple but I have done so a lot and always had my product delivered before the delivery date they give me.

guil wrote: »
    Couldn't you get it delivered to parcel motel for €7? So no missed delivery.

€3.50 no?

Aodhagan wrote: »
    €3.50 no?

He'd probably want to buy the increased insurance cost for €3.50 too. So it wouldn't bring it up to €7.

For the sake of an extra €3:50 id def be getting the €1000 limit.

DubDJ wrote: »
    He'd probably want to buy the increased insurance cost for €3.50 too. So it wouldn't bring it up to €7.

Ah never really worried about the insurance myself. Probably should in future. Had an iPad Air & iPad Mini delivered from them recently and all went we'll thank God.

I'd rather be down €3.50 instead of hundreds of euro. Worth it, saving €3.50 is not worth the risk :D

Advertisement