Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank down again 2/12/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

I left Ulster Bank after their last f*ck-up and boy am I glad I did!

I can't understand why anyone is still with Ulster Bank who doesn't need to be... Didn't they also introduce fees not so long ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

their system has a glitch and is giving an automated response

Indeed. Perhaps they should word those automated responses more carefully. Telling me it was my mistake, while it clearly was their mistake is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Keep it rational and drop the emotive hyperbole folks. You're all, one assumes, fully functional adults capable of that.

If I see more posts like a few up above, I won't be happy.

On the plus side, it looks just like a short-term glitch and not a return to what we've seen before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

What an absolute disgrace, it seems RBS / Ulster Bank have learnt nothing.

Where is the regulator monitoring their IT systems?

RTE say that RBS say this is fixed. Hardly fixed if it is true that the batch did not run last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Anyone who stayed with them after the last huge f*%k up has no right to complain. No sympathy for anyone still with them after the last time. They've proven their incompetance. I wouldn't trust them with 1 cent of my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

L5 wrote: »
    Anyone who stayed with them after the last huge f*%k up has no right to complain. No sympathy for anyone still with them after the last time. They've proven their incompetance. I wouldn't trust them with 1 cent of my money.
    The fact they introduced fees after that was enough for me to move to Ptsb

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

After the last big mess, I was actually half tempted to move to them with the thinking 'surely they, of all the banks, will never be hit be another glitch again!' and should be investing heavily in their systems.
    It's probably just a matter of time before many of the other banks are hit by similar glitches.
    However, I never got around to it... glad now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Ulster Bank have said that they will pay compensation to those effected by the latest glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Went into the branch this morning to lodge a cheque and withdraw enough to keep me going for a few days if they have any further problems and they seemed to be on a serious charm offensive. All hatches open even though it was quiet, everyone super smily and friendly and tea, coffee etc if you wanted it. I'm never in there so not sure if this is the norm but I doubt it. Can't fault them though, they were very nice and helpful. Anyway, Hope it stays fixed, I hate carrying more that pocket money in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭Mr Williams

Phoenix wrote: »
    So everyones debit cards back working?

I tried to get cash out at launch time but it woundnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

km79 wrote: »
    The fact they introduced fees after that was enough for me to move to Ptsb

But you still have fees with PTSB. Okay if you do x or y you have no fees but it is not the same as no fees. BOI are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

quote="martingriff;87821487"]But you still have fees with PTSB. Okay if you do x or y you have no fees but it is not the same as no fees. BOI are the same[/quote]
    My wages go in and that's minimum lodgement met. Same with wife. Transfer over money to joint account and that's minimum lodgement met there.
    As opposed to paying 12 euro a month for same 3 accounts with ulster ? No brainer and was very very easy to switch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

quote="martingriff;87821487"]But you still have fees with PTSB. Okay if you do x or y you have no fees but it is not the same as no fees. BOI are the same
    My wages go in and that's minimum lodgement met. Same with wife. Transfer over money to joint account and that's minimum lodgement met there.
    As opposed to paying 12 euro a month for same 3 accounts with ulster ? No brainer and was very very easy to switch[/QUOTE]

Check out PTSB's unauthorized overdraft rates. A nasty shock awaits if you go a cent overdrawn. This is how they are making their money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

quote="martingriff;87821487"]But you still have fees with PTSB. Okay if you do x or y you have no fees but it is not the same as no fees. BOI are the same
    As opposed to paying 12 euro a month for same 3 accounts with ulster ? No brainer and was very very easy to switch[/QUOTE]

Yes and because you are able to do that you get no fees that is great however it does not mean there are no fees in the PTSB which they say in all there adds of course they say terms and conditions but there are still fees just like every other bank. Not everyone can maintain the amount you may need to transfer in

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

But you still have fees with PTSB. Okay if you do x or y you have no fees but it is not the same as no fees. BOI are the same
    BoI aren't the same. BoI have introduced account maintenance fees so no matter what balance you maintain or how much you lodge you pay at least €20 a year in fees.

PTSB are by far the easiest bank to pay no fees with for the majority of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

..and we're back on topic in 5,4,3,2..1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭metroburgers

Lodged an online compliant yesterday re: inconvenience of not being able to access accounts online, (Wasn't actually out of pocket or unable to pay for goods) UB rang me today and offered 40e compensation...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Lodged an online compliant yesterday re: inconvenience of not being able to access accounts online, (Wasn't actually out of pocket or unable to pay for goods) UB rang me today and offered 40e compensation...

did the same myself. they offered me 25. told them other people had been offered 40 and wasnt happy blah blah blah. offered me 50 euro and i accepted. :-) thats a xmas present sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

Is Ulster Bank down again, can't log on to website but app is working ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Got offered 50 straight out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Do you think they will offer me anything if I owe them money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Fee's are automatically applied, they can not stop them. They will be refunded if you follow the above link and complain. Your status with the bank and owing them money has no baring on refunds or compensation. I complained and got a refund on out of pocket expenses. Very friendly on the phone and full of sorrys etc.

Advertisement