Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 on Xbox One issues

• 02-12-2013 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I hear there is a patch out tomorrow. What a joke. Can't connect here to play any multiplayer games.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Stab*City wrote: »
    I hear there is a patch out tomorrow. What a joke. Can't connect here to play any multiplayer games.

Kept getting dumped out of conquest matches and when i selected rush I would end up in team death match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Same here. Not even getting to any map now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sorry, I read this originally & thought it was the hardware you were talking about. I see now it's Battlefield 4, so original thread has been restored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Yes it has been like this for the last week (at least on XBOX). I believe it is the same on other platforms as well.

So far I am experiencing:

- Issues joining lobbies/servers. Cannot join games (keep getting cannot connect to the server etc), you have more of a chance to connect to gametypes such as team deathmatch than conquest.

- Certain maps have no sound effects. Only some of the sounds will work. For example, I can't hear footsteps or nature sounds but I can hear my gun reloads. This seems to be more common on maps as Lancang Dam

- My screen goes blurry/fuzzy intermittently while I am playing or even through the menus. This doesnt happen all the time but when it happens is will do it every few seconds. I think is related to the enemy and their LAV/UAVs and Dice have confirmed they are looking into it.

- Sometimes I select a game type such as conquest and then I get thrown into Team Deathmatch.

- Random dashboards. Either while loading a multiplayer map or during the game.

- Game feels laggy sometimes. Sometimes I an running and I can feel the game moments are lagging

- Graphics performance/frame rate. Sometimes the game frame rate will drastically drop to a few fps for no apparent reason, it is more common after big explosions but is not a system performance problem as when the same scenario repeats again the performance doesnt decrease

- Losing saved data on campaign mode. Has happened to me twice already, I havent played campaign mode since as I feel is pointless, at least until they fix it.

- Many more smaller issues such as spawns, hit detection, etc but these are the least of my concerns.

IMO this is an unfinished product. They released this game when it wasnt finished. It is taking them more than a month to fix it and still no nothing. You would expect minor issues (like in my last bullet point) but not the other ones.

They gave us double XP which I appreciate but what the point if you can't join a lobby?

Yesterday I connected at 6pm and decided to disconnect at 8.40pm. I was able to play 15 seconds of conquest, then I joined a TDM game and dashboard 4 minutes later, played 1 full Conquest game and dashboard on other 2. In between I spent the time looking for a lobby, getting the server not available, dashboards, etc... in the end I just gave up... frustrating

Problem is, the game is soooo much fun when it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

i tried server browser and select 1-15 spaces free i think it was.
    Got a server that way, when i crashed i just went to server history and rejoined hat server usually.
    Trying to work out how that bomber works in China Rising. Seen people with cruise missiles shooting out of it but all i get is JDAM. Does it level up?

Awesome game tho, played it a lot to make most of double XP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Post in Error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Been hit and miss for the last week, and that was the double xp week to make up for all the issues. Anyone get the scope for the handgun that was promised ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

anyone else having problems getting into multiplayer games on x1 , been trying for half an hour now and just keep getting the message " you have lost the connection to the session "

husky7 wrote: »
    anyone else having problems getting into multiplayer games on x1 , been trying for half an hour now and just keep getting the message " you have lost the connection to the session "

It was the same for me yesterday, I gave up at 9pm, I am not making the same mistake again today, there is no point in playing when the game is like this...

Bohrio wrote: »
    It was the same for me yesterday, I gave up at 9pm, I am not making the same mistake again today, there is no point in playing when the game is like this...

totally agree , was looking forward to a few games think I will just leave until they update for x1 comes out

• Advertisement

husky7 wrote: »
    totally agree , was looking forward to a few games think I will just leave until they update for x1 comes out

My evening so far, sat down today at 8.20 and said to myself, lets try again, maybe I get lucky... 30 minutes later I am still getting error messages "Failed to join the game. Please check your network connection and try again" or "You have lost the connecton to the session". I was very lucky though because twice I was able to join a lobby although it crashed over 1 second later before I could make up what map I was about to play...

No sign of Dice or any updates anytime soon. This is going to go to next year, worse this is that there is nothing else to play but CoD, I rather switch on my XBOX 360 and play BF3 or MW2 than playing that game again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Couldn't get a game either today, tried the campaign again, hopefully it doesn't delete my save for the 3rd time.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Couldn't get a game either today, tried the campaign again, hopefully it doesn't delete my save for the 3rd time.

If it does it will happen when you restart the game. It should not lose your progress unless you reboot or switch of the console. No big deal then I just need to make sure that I never switch off the game ever...

The last time it happened to me was right after the game dashboard... I honestly dont have the strength to do it again, and I am only playing it to unlock the multiplayer guns (type 95) but I couldnt care less anymore.

Here we go again!! This is just mental. Pay 64.99 for an unplayable game!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Im off to Gamestop in the morning for a refund Im done with this ****, and I think that says alot when you look at my sig

miju wrote: »
    Im off to Gamestop in the morning for a refund Im done with this ****, and I think that says alot when you look at my sig

Its so annoying. If you do will you update us on how you get on? I'd hate to have to settle for COD though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Stab*City wrote: »
    Its so annoying. If you do will you update us on how you get on? I'd hate to have to settle for COD though.

Gas thing is a bit of simple communication would have a long way. I'll update thread tomorrow but given that Microsoft have started issuing refunds I suspect they may have been told problems not getting fixed anytime soon so Im fairly confident.

I mean how many patches for other PS and PC have their been compared to Xbox big fat 0

There is a forum update I seen earlier on the battlefield command centre website which said an update should be out for the one this weekend or latest early next week.

miju wrote: »

let us know if you get a refund , will be doing the same myself , can't connect to any multiplayer game and have started the campaign 3 times and each time it doesn't save sick of it now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Good luck with the refund from gamestop, I'd say absolutely zero chance of that. It would have to be physically faulty.

Tried last night on xbone and couldn't get in at all, lots of that black screen and the bloody annoying little cursor in the corner then "failed to connect to ea server message". Eventually got onto conquest in dawnbreaker and it was a slaughterhouse. My team were the US side vs the Russians and I joined at the start, when the game ended the Russians still had over 400 tickets left, none of our vehicles could get off the poxy overpass spawn without getting blown up by engineers, I used the AA tank to kill some but got hit with 5 RPGs at a time. Helicopters strewn all over the place burning straight after take off, we held point D for about 5 minutes before getting strafed and rocketed into oblivion. Looking at the leaderboard, a lot of the players were in New Zealand and Australia on both teams with some Americans and Europeans. Got 5 kills and 17 deaths. And I was near the top of the board. I shot down an attack chopper with the AA unit and both the pilot and gunner bailed out, when it crash landed, they fixed it, got back in an took off again, blowing up two tanks in the way.

This morning I got straight into conquest on Paracel storm quick match and had a decent game, but there was one guy in a patrol boat getting almost first shot kills on any vehicles he fired on with Zuni rockets.

• Advertisement

Yeah I wish there was a way to return it and get your money back. There isnt even a support email for dice to report all the issues, just a forum with so many people complaining that your post will go unnoticed.

I am going back to my 360 for a while and play some old BF3 and MW...

Tried bf today and after Xbox 1 update seem to be able to get into games no problem albeit a little laggy , so hopefully it doesn't get messed up again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Xbox 1 update today?

Xbox 1 update today?

yeah got an update when I turned it on there about an hour ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Yea I got the update today . still the same problems on bf though

deco nate wrote: »
    Yea I got the update today . still the same problems on bf though

Has it fixed the problems? Even slightly?

Can you actually find a bloody game and connect now?

Has it fixed the problems? Even slightly?

Can you actually find a bloody game and connect now?
    Sometimes, just have to keep searching.
    Still getting the "you have lost connection to this sever" when trying to join a game. not sure about the dashboarding bit, only had time for a few games.

deco nate wrote: »
    Sometimes, just have to keep searching.
    Still getting the "you have lost connection to this sever" when trying to join a game. not sure about the dashboarding bit, only had time for a few games.

So it seems to be a ploy by DICE to give them some more time...

Absolute joke. Microsoft need to re-instate the 40,000 dollar charge per patch released by developers.

There is no incentive at present to release a game that is completely finished and playable.

So it seems to be a ploy by DICE to give them some more time...

Absolute joke. Microsoft need to re-instate the 40,000 dollar charge per patch released by developers.

There is no incentive at present to release a game that is completely finished and playable.
    Sorry, it was an xbox one os update.
    Not a dice update, but ms did say it was to solve some mp issues. It might help with dashboarding, but I'm not sure. Dice have yet to release an update. I think they are waiting for Ms to approve it. Ps4 got the update a day or two ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I went online for the first time this morning and played 3 games in a row with zero issues.

Advertisement