Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 on Xbox One issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I am finally able to connect, first time since sunday I think. Everything as before although lag is very bad for some reason...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

I keep getting 'home screened' during campaign... Lucky it saves at checkpoints.

Anyway, campaign is fantastic. Probably the best campaign I've ever played. Such amazing characters and emotion.

If you haven't played the campaign I'd consider doing it. You could either rent it or buy and sell it if you're that way inclined.

Definitely a must play though, for me at least.

This is coming from a COD multiplayer fanboy. ^

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Seriously? The campaign was decent for action, but the story and the 'acting' are terrible. I wanted to kill Irish and the Chinese woman about 20 seconds after they were all thrown together. Having to listen to their random conversations about home and apologising to each other in turns was highly irritating, not to mention the cliché scepticism of Irish and her allegiance throughout... Ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

There was little or no story , and what was there in terms of plot was flimsy at best with little or nothing explained or fleshed out, a faceless bad guy etc etc

And then you have Pac
    who comes back from the dead and just says I got unfuked
    by way of explanation. Oscar worthy stuff indeed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Game update rolls out today! Yay!!

• Advertisement

I just turn the xbox to play bf and it's on the start screen says from 10am utc /2am pdt.
    So Yea but that's us times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Thank God! Although i did manage to have a couple games of conquest last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

calex71 wrote: »
    There was little or no story , and what was there in terms of plot was flimsy at best with little or nothing explained or fleshed out, a faceless bad guy etc etc

And then you have Pac
    who comes back from the dead and just says I got unfuked
    by way of explanation. Oscar worthy stuff indeed. :D

there was a link somewhere on boards to a reddit post about the campaign, it was epic stuff.

just found it, apologies if its been posted before, but it really is brilliant.

ALSO - SPOILERS AHEAD

The single player campaign made me feel like A kid with a life-threatening disease (I like to imagine the disease being the reason why Recker never talks) whose Make-A-Wish wish was to go on a military mission.
    This is especially evident in the first couple of missions. It feels like every time that you fire off a bullet, one of your circlejerkin' squad members has to holler out "AWESOME SHOOTIN' RECK. REAL GREAT JOB RIGHT THERE."
    No one ever compliments anyone else, there's never a "Nice shot Irish!" or "Way to go, Pac!" This would also explain why your team lets you do all the cool tasks, such as opening doors. Could also explain why you're the squad leader, but you don't lead jack ****. In fact, through the entire campaign, I only remember one part where you actually gave your opinion on something. Irish asks you a question, all eyes are on you, you press the button... and your character just stares off at whatever. Seriously? Not even like a "uh-huh" sound? I imagine everyone else sharing glances before Irish is just like, "Uh... yeah. Thanks... Recker..."
    The characters are also pretty poorly done. Pac was the only character that I liked. Hannah was sort of annoying but okay by the end.
    But Irish. God damn Irish. How the hell does someone like that make it so far up the military ladder? He ignored nearly every command he was given. The commander could be like, "Hey Irish, can you open that door over ther-" "AH HELL NAW MAN. THAT **** AIN'T RIGHT. WE CAN'T BE OPENIN' ALL SORTS OF DOORS AND ****."
    Hannah and Irish's relationship was incredibly laughable. He doesn't trust her the entire game, but she offhandedly mentions that her life was hard and suddenly they're best friends. There was a noticeable shift whenever they started one of those conversations too. Like the mission where you're all driving in a jeep (I forget the name), you're all chatting about your mission or whatever, there's like a 2 second pause where you can almost feel Irish and Hannah just slowly looking toward each other, and suddenly "WHAT THE **** IS THIS CHINESE TRAITOR DOING HERE, RECK."
    The strange part is that I actually really liked the campaign from a gameplay perspective. It was really fun and I loved the vehicle segments. But the story/characters were pretty damn awful. Are we really supposed to believe that THIS is the best squad in the marines right now? A mute person, a crazy jackass, some random Asian woman, and, worst of all, some poor, normal-seeming soul that has to put up with everyone else?
    Anyways, thanks DICE for making my character's Make-A-Wish wish come true.
    EDIT: How could I forget about my second favorite character, Dima? When he was introduced, he was easily the most interesting character. Shady Russian dude who survived a nuclear bomb, who was also in the last Battlefield? Sign me up. You're literally in a room with the guy for like 15 seconds before he's just like, "Well, time to bust the **** up out of here." and TEARS A HOLE IN THE NEAREST WALL. **** yeah dude.
    I feel like there was so much they could have done with him. He could have come through with some valuable Russian intel or told something new about the Chinese, but instead he survives just long enough to die. Terrific.
    EDIT 2: Added some more stuff that I remembered after posting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

The story was about par for most shooters these days and I enjoyed it mostly because it was beautiful. The dialogue was pretty bad but Irish being Omar from The Wire helped alot, that said I wouldn't have had any problem
    giving both of them the C4 at the end.

Back on topic here are the X1 patch notes:
    We are now rolling out a new game update on Xbox One, and are already working on the next update based on your feedback. This update includes a number of stability improvements that should fix some of the most common crashes.

Dec 13 Xbox One Game Update Notes
    -Fixed three common crashes that could occur during map transitions
    -Fixed a common crash that could occur when using the in-game Battlelog in the "end of round" screen
    -Fixed two crashes related to destroying vehicles
    -Fixed a crash that could occur when the player lost connection to a server
    -Fixed a crash that could occur when using the scoreboard
    -Fixed a crash that could occur when players were using the voice chat
    -Optimized performance when shooting destroyed Levolution objects on some levels
    -Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
    -Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed
    -Fixed a memory leak that could lead to crashes at certain points
    -Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file in the single player campaign
    -Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds
    -Fixed an issue with going online after resuming your Xbox One from suspended mode
    -Fixed some issues with the handling of Xbox One parties
    -Made the icons used to signal voice chat status more reliable

EDIT: Someone on Battlelog says 695MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

That sums it up pretty much perfectly! haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

dar83 wrote: »
    Seriously?The campaign was decent for action, but the story and the 'acting' are terrible. I wanted to kill Irish and the Chinese woman about 20 seconds after they were all thrown together. Having to listen to their random conversations about home and apologising to each other in turns was highly irritating, not to mention the cliché scepticism of Irish and her allegiance throughout... Ugh!

Yes

Has the update rolled out yet?

Just fired up mine now and it say bf needs a update 675 meg :)

Just went to quick match and got in first time I

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

deco nate wrote: »
    Just went to quick match and got in first time I

happy days , sick of playing cod

Not having any problems getting into games at the moment. Big laggy sometimes though during gameplay.

Issues again last night not able to connect.

This is so annoying. Lost connection to server every time! What a waste of money. To think I could have actually bought a game that works more than 30% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Stab*City wrote: »
    This is so annoying. Lost connection to server every time! What a waste of money. To think I could have actually bought a game that works more than 30% of the time.

I was having the same issues yesterday evening. Couldn't join a single lobby. The only game mode that seemed barely available was defuse and that's after several attempts.

But even then weird things happening all the time, like I would be playing the game and all of the sudden I would start spectating my teammates. At first I though I got killed but there was no after kill "cam", so I had to "cycle" though my team mates until I get to me, but I would be on spectating mode, I could move but only forward and backwards... weird stuff. This happened several times during the evening.

That's not counting hit detection issues, dashboards, etc.

Seriously how can the people responsible for this do this for living... I mean, wft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Shareholders are suing EA :pac:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16934-Law-Suit-Filed-Against-EA-for-Handling-of--Bug-Riddled--Battlefield-4-Launch.html

The only way to go IMO hit them were it hurts ..... in the pocket.

I'd love to know Dices culpability in all this or how much pressure they got from EA just to get it out before xmas, someone in both camps would have certainly know the state it was in and that it was a way off being ready in the run up to release and made a call "sure just get it out and we'll fix it later"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I tried logging in with a friend the other day and couldn't get onto anything! Bit of a joke.. I noticed as well i cant talk to him on party chat at all, it wont enable the talk function, anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I noticed as well i cant talk to him on party chat at all, it wont enable the talk function, anyone else have this problem?

It seems intermittent but Ive had that problem on Fifa as well so not neccesarilly a BF4 problem.

What I do find works pretty much 100% is going to dashboard, quitting game completely and then joining / starting party. After that go back to game and people can join and turn on the party no probs

On a seperate note I'm only delighted to see EA getting sued not because of BF4 but because there has been a large increasing trend to release games in a broken state. The last of which was Grand Theft Auto which is still suffering some problems I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Actually i meant the dashboard chat, not the in game one. It always worked on the 360 but have not had an success on the xbox1 yet.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Actually i meant the dashboard chat, not the in game one. It always worked on the 360 but have not had an success on the xbox1 yet.

party chat you mean?

its muted by default, you have to say "xbox, go to party" and you can adjust the options in there then. That being said, It wasnt working for me last saturday, kept getting a message saying "chat unavailable at this time"

miju wrote: »

On a seperate note I'm only delighted to see EA getting sued not because of BF4 but because there has been a large increasing trend to release games in a broken state. The last of which was Grand Theft Auto which is still suffering some problems I think

Thats great for the shareholders and all, but what about the average joe like myself who cant get into a game during the limited time available to me? Its out over a month on the xb1 now and its still not fixed, pc and last gen consoles are also still having issues.
    The game is great when it works but at this stage, I'd love to get my money back for it and just play something else.

Another update out today

Just downloaded it. Fingers crossed!

Stab*City wrote: »
    Just downloaded it. Fingers crossed!

It actually seems to be working, can get a quick match on all gametypes!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

Got the new update and multiplayer is working well but it still lost my campaign progress!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

toxof wrote: »
    Got the new update and multiplayer is working well but it still lost my campaign progress!

Same for me ust the one dashboard crash all night, party chat actually worked properly first time and the kill trading has definitely disapeared thank fook.

Still getting lag but in fairness that is more to do with US, Canadian and even some New Zealand players on the servers last night.

Now if the option to region lock servers when they are available to rent out is made available then Im a happy camper :P:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's a lot harder to get a game on FIFA 14 than B4

Advertisement