Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Mask???

• 02-12-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Wel lads, I want two know what is the best type of mask to get. I was thinks of getting a Neoprene half-face but i have heard that they dont stop bbs getting to the teeth, or i was think of a rubber mask like the bottom of the first pic, but with out the upper bit, or i was looking at this http://www.airsoftguns.ie/mask/2129-light-protective-mask-black.html
    or and this is my last one just a one hole balaclava. I used a mesh mask but i find it hard to get on my sight. I am using mesh goggles atm but i want to know what all you lads think, some of you might have something different to show.
    Ever help is great. But my main thing i want are it to be flexable and stop my teeth getting smashed.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

I use a mesh mask sometimes but more often now I find myself using a balaclava http://www.airsoftguns.ie/mask/1386-balaclava-helikon-olive-drab.html. I use a 3 euro gumshield with it. I have been hit 2 or 3 times on the upper lip and I didnt feel much but I dont think the bb strike was that hard. The gumshield can make it a bit hard to talk though but it does give you something to chew on while you hide in the bushes.

The balaclava doesnt offer much in the way of protection.It really only takes out a bit of the sting. On one occasion I was left with a nice little cut on my cheek but I was hit at close enough range. I have been hit with "normal" hits a few times with no marks left and a far less painful sting when compared with getting hit on bare skin on the face. The mouth is a small part of your face and I find most shots to the head tend to be forehead or to the top of my head.

I play at LAC and most of the time the engagement distances are greater than 40-50 feet. I have only played indoors 3 times but I would always wear lower face protection indoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

This what i use myself and i have i tried all sorts of masks and goggles.I find this set up the best no fogging or sweating and its all very comfortable.Lower mesh mask like this one http://www.airsoftguns.ie/mask/1815-strike-half-face-metal-mesh-mask-jungle-camo.html and mesh goggles like these http://www.airsoftguns.ie/goggles-glasses/665-metal-mesh-goggle-no-fog-mask-od-.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

I started with a balaclava and it was decent enough but you'd be roasted alive in it during warm days and can be really uncomfortable as they're itchy and you will swear more in them
    I now use the same mask and goggles as bren and they're really good, some of the other mesh masks out there can be really loose as the have only one strap and annoy the hell out of you in game but that one has two straps joined at the back and is really comfortable and decently easy to get on target even with a sniper scope

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Weemassey65

Does any one use like the one i have linked in the first post???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Personally i haven't seen anyone wear one as it doesn't look that strong or well made.This is my opinion i could be completely wrong but for a few extra quid u get a metal mesh mask that will last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

I saw a guy wearing one a few weeks ago. To me it seemed a bit small and not offering much protection to the upper cheek area. It also looked a bit weird. The handy thing about mesh masks is that you can press in on them to get them to shape to your face a bit better. It isnt ideal for aiming down sights but it helps. If a hard plastic one gets in the way there isnt much you can do about it.

Advertisement