Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wool hunting coats

Options
  • 02-12-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could recommend shops or good websites where good quality wool hunting jackets could be purchased, something along the lines of Mears Pytchley, good quality shires, etc. While I'm willing to splash out on something good, I did take a look at the Alexander James website and they were a little too expensive.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I got mine in the sale in equine warehouse Clonmel Convert. Its a Shires and was 130 euro which was a bit of a bargain. Its grand.

Most of them seem to be above 300 euro and more.

Gosh I could nearly sell you mine for all the wear I am getting out of it :( The day we met was the last time I was out :(

I was looking at equestrian clearance too, they had some but in the end I wanted to try it on first without the rigmarole of sending back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Thanks fits. Definitely given me something to think about. I'm not going to rush into it, but I'm starting to look at what's out there. Some of the jackets are amazing, but not something I could afford at the moment. :(

Such a pity you're not getting out much, but maybe circumstances will change and you'll get out a little more. Saw a picture of some of the field at a recent meet down your way in the Irish Field.

convert wrote: »
    Thanks fits. Definitely given me something to think about. I'm not going to rush into it, but I'm starting to look at what's out there. Some of the jackets are amazing, but not something I could afford at the moment. :(

Such a pity you're not getting out much, but maybe circumstances will change and you'll get out a little more. Saw a picture of some of the field at a recent meet down your way in the Irish Field.

I just saw one of the photos. Of an 83 year old jack lambert going over a nice stone wall.
    yeah the horses are having a winter off. :( c'est la vie

Anyway a good hunt coat is essential. Nothing matches it for combination of comfort and protection I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Apparently Mr. Lambert took a tumble, so then re-mounted on another horse. Fair play to him!

• Advertisement

Apparently Mr. Lambert took a tumble, so then re-mounted on another horse. Fair play to him!

Crikey! Its stiff enough country down there all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 melsk1

I got an amazing hunt coat off eBay- nearly exactly the same quality as Mears fraction of price. Will try and dig out link for you. Or put a search on ebay. :) I was going to also recommend Alexander James, excellent quality.

What size are you looking for, I might have one for sale? Navy Womens Hunt coat... :)

Advertisement