Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small square piece of land at ocean towers ?

Options
  • 02-12-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed the small piece of ground at the front of ocean towers facing the Blackrock diving board ? its the spot where there was a currach done up as a flower bed type display for a summer or two. More recently it recieved a low timber fence to the front. Passed today and it seems to have a for sale sign on it ? The plot is minimal sized and there must be a story ?

will try and get a pic tomorrow

Westy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

I saw it. Great view....!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

Must belong to the previous owners of the land.there was a hotel there before years ago.only thing i can think of!wonder how much it would fetch?

Offer €100 - it would be a handy personal parking spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lol, I must have went past a thousand times and never saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Zoned residential! Maybe one could build a teeny house on that plot, but who in there right mind would?

Listing here: http://www.dtzsf.com/Details.aspx?OpportunityID=16418

But neither size nor price are given :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

Zoned residential! Maybe one could build a teeny house on that plot, but who in there right mind would?

Listing here: http://www.dtzsf.com/Details.aspx?OpportunityID=16418

But neither size nor price are given :(

says it's 0.022 acres!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

The space looks quite large.

Possible to use it for commercial purposes?

BTW, I wonder where the flower-filled boat has gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

howyanow wrote: »
    Must belong to the previous owners of the land.there was a hotel there before years ago.only thing i can think of!wonder how much it would fetch?

It may belong to the Galway Assocation for Mentally handicapped who own blackrock house and owned the land before it was developed.

elefant wrote: »
    says it's 0.022 acres!

That's 90 square metres in modern European units.

Here's a 90 sq m "5-bedroomed" bungalow in Dublin 7.

Still, I am repeatedly surprised by the type of dwelling that can be shoehorned into these small spaces. There's an example in Devon Park, where a house was built on a tiny corner site that originally was home to an ESB transformer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Thanks lads for the pics.

That's the spot all right, the fact that there is a boundary wall on the ocean towers side and also a boundary on the apartment side but open towards the road would have lead me to think it was city council owned.I always assumed that the boat was placed there by the council for the volvo race :confused: It would be an ideal spot for a kiosk type shop.

Westy

westgolf wrote: »
    It would be an ideal spot for a kiosk type shop.

IIRC a planning application to turn the derelict building opposite into a cafe or some such was turned down a number of years ago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Nothing showing up in the Land Registry but that may be due to a number of boring reasons.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Piece about it in the City Tribune today apparently. A leftover plot from the sale of a hotel in the 1970s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

isn't that quite near the "haunted" house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

isn't that quite near the "haunted" house

What haunted house?

Advertisement