Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fulham Away

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

highlights on Sky Sports now. Jesus that was nervy stuff at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Man United are 12 points behind Arsenal and yet it's AVB who could be losing his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Jesus, I've always thought there was a place for Dawson in the squad but holy God, he needs to be dropped ASAP. We need a LB double time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Jesus, I've always thought there was a place for Dawson in the squad but holy God, he needs to be dropped ASAP. We need a LB double time...

Kaboul should be playing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Our last 4 goals were from outside the box,we don't do tap ins these days.I have to agree about Dawson though,as much as I like the man his form is gone totally out the window recently,he has to be dropped.

• Advertisement

We move above ManU to 6th in the table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Papering over the cracks or a season changing result? First time to come from behind and win this season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We barely win, again. Great to get 3 points, but not the performance we wanted to see against a team who are 18th in the league. Hate seeing us (i didn't actually see the game, just watched highlights) play like this, with everyone else scoring for fun against similar teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Some of you guys are unreal. A couple of games ago we were told when krul was man of the match that we didn't deserve to win ...now when lloris does what he is paid to do ( made as many saves as fulham) keeper , some of you are still saying we didn't deserve to win. When will ALL get behind the team and stop being so dam critical. You don't hear Man U fans slating their side. You didn't see Ars..e fans slating wenger for the past few years ...why are spurs fans so flamin hard on the team

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

PVincent wrote: »
    Some of you guys are unreal. A couple of games ago we were told when krul was man of the match that we didn't deserve to win ...now when lloris does what he is paid to do ( made as many saves as fulham) keeper , some of you are still saying we didn't deserve to win. When will ALL get behind the team and stop being so dam critical. You don't hear Man U fans slating their side. You didn't see Ars..e fans slating wenger for the past few years ...why are spurs fans so flamin hard on the team

The gooners were....we are playing ****e and we are not happy with it...whats wrong with being concerned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

You didn't see Ars..e fans slating wenger for the past few years ...why are spurs fans so flamin hard on the team

I think plenty of gooners wanted him gone after the villa game! Vital win, a defeat would have been a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

You didn't see Ars..e fans slating wenger for the past few years...

They were ridiculously critical of Wenger right up until the Ozil signing. The vast majority voted against a renewed contract.
    You don't hear Man U fans slating their side.

Take a look here and you'll see you're wrong. United fans are calling for Moyes' head.

I think you'll find football fans in general are like this and not just simply Spurs fans.

You don't hear Man U fans slating their side. You didn't see Ars..e fans slating wenger for the past few years ...why are spurs fans so flamin hard on the team

Eh, yeah you do. Constantly. Utd fans are really critical of Moyes, and Arsenal fans were calling for Wengers head at the start of the season.

We're annoyed because we aren't playing like we should be. We've not been playing well for over a year at this stage, and we expected an improvement. We're all (for the most part) behind the team, but it's not that surprising that people are annoyed at how poor we've been.

Dawson and Paulinho were both at fault for their goal. Terrible from Dawson, but Paulinho just stood there and tried to shield it. Come to the ball for gods sake.

As for our goals...how the hell did Vlad's shot get through everyone? Some strike though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Just watched the extended highlights on Sky...phew!! Didn't look good when we went one down. Two super strikes, Lloris yowzer!

Holtby might not be a world beater against the big sides, but he's becoming a cult player. Fans seem to genuinely like him, he really enjoys playing ball for us.

Relief and on to Sunderland. They said in commentary that Soldado can't create his own goals like Defoe can. So I expect him to retain his place. He also set up Paulhino & Lamela.

I'd be worried if I were Soldado, and no, Defoe isn't the answer. But at a choice between both and the way were playing/creating, then Defoe gets my vote all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Up to 6th, coming from 1 nil down away from home to beat a wounded animal (incl ex Yids) with a new manager. It was never gonna be an easy ride against Fulham, they always give us a game.

Of course we deserved to win, Fulham parked the bus after they hit us against the run of play. Senderos should have been long gone too.. Lloris is outstanding, reflexes of a cat!!

The form of Walker & Lennon down that right wing are big positives at the moment, great link up play from them. Lennon will not be displaced from his position easily.

Need to sort out the defence, hopefully Rose is back for the weekend and Vertz is ok.

Ya Lennon & Walker look formidable at times. Have to say Walker's attitude has changed dramatically, doesn't lose the plot so easily thus giving away needless free kicks. Deserves a pat on the back.

AVB is however concerned with an injury problem picked up by Jan Vertonghen in the game. The Belgian defender rolled his ankle and could be a doubt for their upcoming fixtures:

“He rolled his ankle and I think at the moment it’s quite swollen. We’ll assess it today medically. I don’t want to rule him out immediately. At the moment it’s quite swollen.”

He also suggested Dembele’s absence was not serious - he had hip pain they did not want to risk exacerbating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

It's very encouraging to see us come from behind in such a fashion, that's why people are calling it a turning point. It was plain to see the players are fighting for AVB, Holtby's kiss to the bench after his goal is proof of this.

It was good to see Lennon and Walker working well together again. Though I'm pretty pleased by the performance of Lamela, he didn't run the game or anything, but there are signs that he is growing in confidence and settling. I have a sense that in the New Year we could see the real Lamela.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Great result and another good performance to build on.Walker has been excellent this season, for a young lad he really gives it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

We relied on two super strikes from outside the box to score. We played terrible yet again. Hopefully this is just a blip and we pick up points whilst playing poorly but I'm not convinced.

Big game on Saturday now, anything less than 3 points and AVB is back under pressure.

golfball37 wrote: »
    We relied on two super strikes from outside the box to score. We played terrible yet again. Hopefully this is just a blip and we pick up points whilst playing poorly but I'm not convinced.

Big game on Saturday now, anything less than 3 points and AVB is back under pressure.

AVB said in his post match conference that it's something they may well have to utilise when teams sit back, so expect plenty more stingers or row z efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

GS11 wrote: »
    Great result and another good performance to build on.Walker has been excellent this season, for a young lad he really gives it a go.

You can't be serious.

He has improved in the last few games alright .. which is impressive considering everyone's form has dipped (bar Sandro and Lloris) but if you read the match threads from the Aug/Sept/Oct games you'll see how sh1te he has been in the majority of games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

GS11 wrote: »

Think you might be pushing it a bit there, it was a vital and important win but we got out of jail big time last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Ye, maybe pushing it re a good performance, but at least they are playing for the manager.

Re Walker, Donkey, I think a lot of the crap he gets is a result of his poor form last season. Yes, he's made a few mistakes but I think he has really stood up this season, a lot more maturity in his performances, better positioning and better defending. Needs to improve going forward though, he gets into great positions because of his pace but sometimes does not know what to do when he gets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

@AssouEkotto At craven cottage with the fans great Win lol and some funny fans never happy hahaha lol
    6fzcjr.jpg

Hopefully we get him back in Jan to free up Verts to replace Dawson

Advertisement