Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed 4 or The Last of us?

• 03-12-2013 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

So I can't decide on which to get. I'm a fan of the Assassin Creed series but AC3 was a bit of let down and as much as did like the Naval warfare In AC3 I do kind of want an Assassin creed game to be primarily jumping around towns and blending strategically to attack a target.

But every AC, I always seem to become immersed in the world and I am hooked from the beginning.

I have heard so much about The Last of us and haven't heard one bad word about it but not sure what it makes it outstanding, just people saying its amazing.

So if you have played both can you tell me which should I get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Last Of Us, you won't regret it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Both are excellent, but completely different types of games.
    • The Last of Us is much more about the narrative, with linear levels and cover based combat/stealth. Think Uncharted...but more grown up.
    • Assassins Creed 4 is a sandbox pirate adventure...which is awesome. Much less crazy assassin stuff as well, and focuses on being a pirate from the get go.
    You'll get more playtime from a single game of Assassins Creed (40 odd hours compared to 12 for TLoU). I found The Last of Us to be more enjoyable overall though.

Either one is an excellent choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Buy Last of us finish it then trade in for assassins creed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Ac iv for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Last of Us is a game that will stay with you for a long time but it isn't terribly long, a weekend will finish it.
    Unless you result want a copy in your collection for good it is possibly something you could borrow or rent out.
    I know little about AC4 aside from it being well received, but if the gameplay left you cold up to now I don't think this is going to change your mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The Last of Us is a great game. A real mature game, with fantastic graphics, great gameplay and excellent voice acting and story. You won't regret playing it.

But, as an AC fan (I even liked 3), AC IV is possibly the best game i've played this year. If you think you got immersed in the other AC worlds, this will blow your mind! I enjoyed absolutely everything in this game, and even the boring collectables were bearable!

So, I recommend AC IV. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The Last Of Us by a mile.

Advertisement