Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traveling to canada

Options
  • 03-12-2013 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Me and my friend are planning on taking a gap year before heading to college. we want to spend the year working and travelling in Canada. we've been told about USIT but we've seen a lot of bad reviews about them. are they the best to go with or is there someone else who would be better?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

No, avoid going through a 3rd party. Me and my mate went through USIT last year on the J1 Visa to America. Pure flipping hassel it was regarding work ect. We had to email them every week to say what we were working at. Few times I didn't get emailing them at all and they threatened to cancel our J1. Because of that I had to phone the American office and sort it out. Pain in the rear!

Though saying that, the J1 was limited to what jobs we could work at. I'm not sure what they would be like by getting the IEC Visa through them, but I would avoid them to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Sam Swarek

if i were ye i wouldnt waste your 2 year canadian visa on a gap year, ye might regret using up your visa allocation when you finish college and need to come to canada to actually work! there may be some for of a gap year visa type thing if ye look into it but my advice is not to waste yeer iec visa allocation, ye may want it in a few years time more badly

Advertisement