Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How could Sony improve the PS4?

Options
  • 03-12-2013 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Be it hardware or software?
    Issue 1: wobblegate! http://kotaku.com/no-the-ps4-doesnt-have-a-wobbling-problem-1463857601

:rolleyes: how could they not see this coming?....add an extra rubber foot and its sorted!, i think they should have a 1TB model, or just upgrade to HDD to 1TB....500gig ain't gonna cut it Sony, its not next gen!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

They need to bring back the notification for when a friend signs in or out.
    They need to allow us to sort trophies.
    They should, it's not necessary for me but might be for others, make it so that when you get a trophy or a message and you press the PS button, you should be brought to that trophy or message.
    They need to allow us to disable the LED in the controller and also the speaker too.
    They definitely need to allow us to upload our video captures to youtube and they need to allow us to archive our streams.

Other than that i'm pretty damn happy with the PS4! As for the "wobblegate", mine is as sturdy as a rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Need to allow the light strip on the ps4 to be blue as the default when it is running :)
    or be customisable!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I don't even know. So far the only issue I had was fatigue in my left hand due to R3 button. It got a lot better now thought. My thumb is getting trained! :D

SONY just need to make sure that games are coming out and that's about it. Oh, the proper headset support too. I am looking to buy headset and so far it is a cluster ****. No clear indication on what is properly Supported or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't even know. So far the only issue I had was fatigue in my left hand due to R3 button. It got a lot better now thought. My thumb is getting trained! :D

SONY just need to make sure that games are coming out and that's about it. Oh, the proper headset support too. I am looking to buy headset and so far it is a cluster ****. No clear indication on what is properly Supported or not.[/QUOTE]

Turtlebeach's website has a link that tells you which of theirs are compatible out of the box and which need additional cables. I presume other manufacturers have soemthing similar on their sites?
    Mine needs a cable but they're cheap so hopefully that will sort it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

More rpgs please !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

An option to mute the camera. The first time I hoped into a MP game, I didn't realise the other people could hear. I've found that I have to create a party for myself, or to connect the headset and mute the mic on the headset.

A notification on when a friend comes online (or even better, an option to recieve online/offline notifications on a friend by friend basis).

Overall though, those things are very minor. The PS4 is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

v3ttel wrote: »
    An option to mute the camera. The first time I hoped into a MP game, I didn't realise the other people could hear. I've found that I have to create a party for myself, or to connect the headset and mute the mic on the headset.

A notification on when a friend comes online (or even better, an option to recieve online/offline notifications on a friend by friend basis).

Overall though, those things are very minor. The PS4 is class.

I have already Camera disconected and thrown under the TV. It is really annoying when others in multiplayer have it on and you can hear all the background stuff. Last night while playing Ghost I heard a child cry in the background and parents having a conversation.

As for headsets - it looks like you can connect any 3.5 headset in to controller and it will work at basic level. I know Turtle beach got that chart made, but I am not sure about that extra cable. Can you get it on amazon too or you have to buy it directly from them only?

Thing is, my budget is not big and there is no way I will spend 250eu for a headset. I was looking at these, but it looks like they wont support PS4 until next year... which is freaking mad if you ask me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008HODBAM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1Q6ST4NQ3BCE028455DR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=430153987&pf_rd_i=468294

And just general question. Is 7.1 worth it in headphones? Does it work?

Give us the ability to play mp4/avi etc. I'm kind if disappointed it doesn't have the ps3 media capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

if it had like a love socket ... i think you know what im getting at people.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Video chat would be a nice touch if you have the cam
    maybe you can do this already and I havent seen the option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just spent 20 minutes trying to buy the cable direct from Turtlebeach and gave up......sigh.
    Maybe need to try Amazon - couldn't find it on ebay.
    Sent an email to support.

Found cable on Amazon
    Cable £5 said I'd buy 2
    Total £10 plus £30 p&P
    *gives up*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Be able to add external HDD's to store / play downloaded games from.. I don't mind if you have to buy a special Playstation/Sony HDD.. just once there's an option to add one..

PS+ wants you to build your game collection. With a 500GB HDD your not going to get that big of a collection... which will result in you having to delete some games. Which defies the purpose of the PS+.

I know you have upgrade your HDD.. but not everyone will know how to do this.. and will want to do this as you will lose all data on your current HDD. and over time your new HDD will fill up.

I did hear somewhere that they might be doing this.. but not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have already Camera disconected and thrown under the TV. It is really annoying when others in multiplayer have it on and you can hear all the background stuff. Last night while playing Ghost I heard a child cry in the background and parents having a conversation.

Anyone know if you can mute the camera mic and use one connected to the pad instead or do you have to physically pull out the cable? Too much effort! :P

Or if you plug a mic into the pad will it use this instead, automatically muting the camera mic?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

NeVeR wrote: »
    Be able to add external HDD's to store / play downloaded games from.. I don't mind if you have to buy a special Playstation/Sony HDD.. just once there's an option to add one..

PS+ wants you to build your game collection. With a 500GB HDD your not going to get that big of a collection... which will result in you having to delete some games. Which defies the purpose of the PS+.

I know you have upgrade your HDD.. but not everyone will know how to do this.. and will want to do this as you will lose all data on your current HDD. and over time your new HDD will fill up.

I did hear somewhere that they might be doing this.. but not sure.

I don't understand why they went to the expense of using USB 3 ports and not allowing external hard drives, presuming they will add this functionality later, but can they do that and stop people from bringing their hard drive of games over to their friends house?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

twam2008 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they went to the expense of using USB 3 ports and not allowing external hard drives, presuming they will add this functionality later, but can they do that and stop people from bringing their hard drive of games over to their friends house?

I'm sure some smart programmers can. Put bits of code in the initial download from PS+ that only works on with the Player ID that downloaded it.

I'm sure there are ways to do it.

Advertisement