Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hello to all

Options
  • 03-12-2013 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am new enough to here , i just been on the motors trending area
    i didnt know boards.ie had so many sections. i also been looking through the bargain trend and thats how i came across this section. anyway
    first question where is the best place to get good cheap pond liner i need 7x5 meters for my pond and i seen some for €80 can it be got at a better price ? my next question who from here keeps cichlids ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

i didnt know boards.ie had so many sections. i also been looking through the bargain trend and thats how i came across this section. anyway
    first question where is the best place to get good cheap pond liner i need 7x5 meters for my pond and i seen some for €80 can it be got at a better price ? my next question who from here keeps cichlids ?

what kinda cichlids?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 James.feenan

what kinda cichlids?

African cichlids

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

African cichlids

nah central and south american cichlids myself im sure there are some lads on here that do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Welcome to the pet section! Do you currently keep cichlids?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I keep Africans. Mainly Malawis and a few Victorians.

• Advertisement

yes malawi and Victs i got a 350L and a 6ft tank project going on at the minute hope to have it setup for 2 0r 3 weeks time also have a 10,000L pond project its finished apart from needing a new liner 7x4 meter liner if anyone has one knocking about for sale

Tropheus wrote: »
    I keep Africans. Mainly Malawis and a few Victorians.

nice selection have u many Victs

nice selection have u many Victs

No, about 6. Mbipia lutea. I've had no luck breeding them though and only have one male.

No, about 6. Mbipia lutea. I've had no luck breeding them though and only have one male.

The Malawi are easy enough to breed I have three breeding females and still wating to get a batch of fry for myself either she eats them or else they are released in the main tank

Yes, most Malawis are handy enough to breed. You really need to isolate the females if you want to keep the fry. If they're released into a community tank they don't have much chance of survival.

• Advertisement

Yes, most Malawis are handy enough to breed. You really need to isolate the females if you want to keep the fry. If they're released into a community tank they don't have much chance of survival.

i have a 110L tank split in two now so hopefully next time she is holding i get the fry its early days and i am sure once i get a few there will be lots after.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

Hello and welcome. :)

Pond Hobby in Ballyboughal could be worth a try re the pond liner. I keep Tanganyikans.

muckyhands wrote: »
    Hello and welcome. :)

Pond Hobby in Ballyboughal could be worth a try re the pond liner. I keep Tanganyikans.

Hopefully there be good deals after the Xmas with pond liner if u look up my name on YouTube you will see all my projects I like the look of some of the big tang but I think I stick to Malawi and Victoria for now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I got my pond liner in B&Q..i think it was around 60-80 euro but that was a while ago so I don't rememeber.

I keep convict cichlids,pacu and silver Dollars.

If anybody wants a few convicts PM me.

What size liner did u get I be looking for 7x5 meters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

What size liner did u get I be looking for 7x5 meters

Dont really remember,they had different sizes but always get a bigger liner than you think you need allowing for wastage,folding etc etc.

here is the fish house i sold most tanks only have 3 now also sold some fish
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6vbsNG3Hmc

Advertisement