Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any rumours as to a replacement for Oxegen in 2014?

Options
  • 03-12-2013 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

With Oxegen becoming an electronic dance music festival, it's left Ireland without a big non electronic mainstream music festival, sure, Electric Picnic can somewhat fill the void, but it's not on the same scale as Oxegen in the fact that Oxegen managed to have rather big mainstream acts fill the main stage and to an extent the second stage for all 3 days of the festival. Whereas Electric Picnic seems to have one headliner which might be fit to headline the former Oxegen and 2 other headliners which might sub-headline at Oxegen and 1 or 2 other acts which might headline second at Oxegen, along with other acts which many people may have never even heard of. Now this is grand, as Electric Picnic isn't supposed to be a huge mainstream music festival and from what I heard, it seems to be a great festival in it's own right, but it's not what I'm looking for. Is there any rumours for a replacement? Or is Ireland likely going to go another year without a big non electronic music festival?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Yeah as Mr.S said Longitude is their new baby and oxegen is dead, so no oxegen 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Carben Menexide.

Probably just a 2 day pop and dance event in Marley Park.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

given the characters that frequented oxegen, i cant see any promotor willing to dip into that market for a long time. the day gigs are the best we'll get over here for a while i imagine

Advertisement