If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 or 55 Inch (Bigger or Better) ???

Options
  • 03-12-2013 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice from the experts! 

Going to get a new TV and am wavering between a bigger set ( Panasonic TXL55ET60B ) or the better set ( TXP50GT60B )

I sit around 13ft away from the television so was tempted by the bigger set but it sound like the GT60 is an all round excellent television. Also is there any major advantages between the passive and active 3D systems ?

If you could let me know what the best price for both would be with a little bit of your wisdom thrown in it would be most appreciated!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

smiddyboy wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice from the experts! 

Going to get a new TV and am wavering between a bigger set ( Panasonic TXL55ET60B ) or the better set ( TXP50GT60B )

I sit around 13ft away from the television so was tempted by the bigger set but it sound like the GT60 is an all round excellent television. Also is there any major advantages between the passive and active 3D systems ?

If you could let me know what the best price for both would be with a little bit of your wisdom thrown in it would be most appreciated!
    Sorry you're not going to like this..but the smaller GT60 is 110% the way to go, its just a completely exceptional TV ( to be fair the 55ET60 is also excellent) - you have pretty much summed it up yourself in your post - you are tempted by the bigger set!, but you know that the GT60 is better!
    (really your only solution is to go for the TXP55VT65 ;) http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp55vt65b/pana-txp55vt65b )

On the active / passive 3D issue, I'm actually a fan of passive 3D as the glasses were far easier to tolerate, however the active 3D glasses have now become lighter and to be completely honest 3D isnt a major issue for most Customers now, it seems as if it was a little bit of a fad for most people ( not all, I know!) but if it was me I'd judge the benefits of the TV on 2D performance and here the GT60 is just stunning!

We have them both available for delivery at the moment - the 55ET60 is £1099.95 and the 50GT65 is just £1199.95

Thanks again for the post and drop us a line if we can assist,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭smiddyboy

Sorry you're not going to like this..but the smaller GT60 is 110% the way to go, its just a completely exceptional TV ( to be fair the 55ET60 is also excellent) - you have pretty much summed it up yourself in your post - you are tempted by the bigger set!, but you know that the GT60 is better!
    (really your only solution is to go for the TXP55VT65 ;) http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp55vt65b/pana-txp55vt65b )

On the active / passive 3D issue, I'm actually a fan of passive 3D as the glasses were far easier to tolerate, however the active 3D glasses have now become lighter and to be completely honest 3D isnt a major issue for most Customers now, it seems as if it was a little bit of a fad for most people ( not all, I know!) but if it was me I'd judge the benefits of the TV on 2D performance and here the GT60 is just stunning!

We have them both available for delivery at the moment - the 55ET60 is £1099.95 and the 50GT65 is just £1199.95

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the reply!

Yep! I knew in my head the GT60B was the one to go for!

What would be the best Euro price for this(including delivery) ? I am based in Co Kilkenny just off the Dublin-Cork motorway.

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the reply!  

Yep! I knew in my head the GT60B was the one to go for!

What would be the best Euro price for this(including delivery) ? I am based in Co Kilkenny just off the Dublin-Cork motorway.

Cheers
    Hi Smiddyboy.

The price on the 50GT60 is £1199.95 / 1481.41 Euro and that includes free shipping.

50GT60 also comes with a free 5 year warranty.

Let me know if you want to go ahead with one and we can get the ball rolling.

Hi Smiddyboy.

The price on the 50GT60 is £1199.95 / 1481.41 Euro and that includes free shipping.

That sound fine.

I'm working in Lurgan at the minute, and should be finishing soon. I might just pop across to Belfast. Who should I ask for in the shop?

Cheers

Stephen

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Smiddyboy.

That sound fine.

I'm working in Lurgan at the minute, and should be finishing soon. I might just pop across to Belfast. Who should I ask for in the shop?

Cheers

Stephen
    Hi Stephen.

No problem at all!! Just ask for myself (Kenny).
    If you want to PM your full name and Address I can pop an order for it on our system. I've currently two of these screens in stock.

• Advertisement

Hi Stephen.

No problem at all!! Just ask for myself (Kenny).
    If you want to PM your full name and Address I can pop an order for it on our system. I've currently two of these screens in stock.

PM sent...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.