Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

greendom wrote: »
    and plenty of German, Italian and French football

& GAA. Especially if you're a Dublin fan,

Setanta sit not updated yet on the football:

Sky listings here

Sat 5th April

• Chelsea
    • 17:30
    • Stoke City
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (17:00)

Sun 6th April

• Everton
    • 13:30
    • Arsenal
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (12:30)

• West Ham United
    • 16:00
    • Liverpool
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (15:30)

Mon 7th April

• Tottenham Hotspur
    • 20:00
    • Sunderland
    Premier League, Sky Sports (20:00)

Sun 13th April

• Arsenal
    • 12:00
    • West Ham United
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (11:30)

• Liverpool
    • 14:05
    • Manchester City
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (14:00)

• Swansea City
    • 16:10
    • Chelsea
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (16:00)

Sat 19th April

• Hull City
    • Arsenal

Sun 20th April

• Norwich City
    • Liverpool

• Chelsea
    • Sunderland

• Everton
    • Manchester United

Mon 21st April

• Manchester City
    • West Bromwich Albion
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (19:30)

Sat 26th April

• Manchester United
    • Norwich City

Sun 27th April

• Sunderland
    • Cardiff City

• Liverpool
    • Chelsea

• Crystal Palace
    • Manchester City

Mon 28th April

• Arsenal
    • Newcastle United
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (19:00)

Plenty there to whet the appetite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

Got through straight away, And was offered 9.99 euro a month to stay for another 3months, so kept it, happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 raspute

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i don't think that's it.

that would be 30 days from today, though if they were/are using that process it should be on until the end of the 29th & get cut off midnight

I was told 29th too, can't understand why. The cynic in me says that it will be cut off before that game on the 29th and not afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Been on hold for ages...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

tvercetti wrote: »
    Rang them to cancel and the lady was very concerned that if I cancelled now, it would get cut off on March 29th and I would miss the Arsenal v Man City game. The system told her I support Arsenal. I told her, that I support Man Utd and she said the system won't let her change it now, so guess I'm officially a Arsenal fan. Maybe she was doing me a favour.

She offered me €12.99 for 2 months and I refused and she went and had a word with her manager and offered me €9.99 for 2 months and I accepted. Bit odd that I got 2 instead of 3 months though. Should cover me till end of the season so pretty happy.

the best thing about this is it's on sky sports 1 :pac:

& coincidently they're showing man utd that day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Got offered to keep on again for 9.99. Didn't bother tis a pain ringing them up each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Just cancelled there. Was on hold for about 8 minutes. Was offered €16.99 for another 3 months but I don't want it anymore. Back playing GAA now so won't be around to watch it. Also a massive pain setting reminders and ringing up every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just rang up to cancel the subscription there. Wasn't offered anything new and wasn't really looking for it so not bothered. I've had great value from the 4 month offer I signed up to. Only waiting for 5 minutes too. Very impressed with how Setanta deal with things and would have no problem signing up for a similar offer next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Got till the end of June for 9.99 a month, rang at lunchtime today, happy enough with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

They should try and offer pay per match view. Would get a lot of impulse purchases surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

buyer95 wrote: »
    Been on hold for ages...

Eventually got through after a 15 wait. Said I wished to cancel and was offered 2 months 16.99 for 2 months and I told your man(John I think) not a hope. I was then offered 12.99 for 3 months. I told him it was still too much but said that I would take 12.99 if he added the package onto my other sky box. After a bit of back and forth I eventually got him to agree to this. Funnily enough he also asked me who I support, I presume it was a data gathering exercise. Anyway I'm happy with the deal I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

buyer95 wrote: »
    . Funnily enough he also asked me who I support, I presume it was a data gathering exercise. Anyway I'm happy with the deal I got.

That will be but on you're account so next season when you ring to cancel they can tell you how many games you will miss with you're team playing and use that as a selling point to get you to stay on.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

raspute wrote: »
    I emailed to cancel as I can't ring at the moment and they offered €12.99 a month for April and May. They said if I wanted this to email back, otherwise if they didn't hear from me they would cancel as I asked. I think I will just let it cancel at this stage, because I don't want to pay €12.99 while I know some people kept the €9.99 deal successfully. I don't really think that's fair. If it were €12.99 for everyone then I would pay it.

What is the email address? Can't find it in the thread, search is finicky on iPad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

kellsred wrote: »
    What is the email address? Can't find it in the thread, search is finicky on iPad
    Try customerservicesire@setanta.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

What details do you need to give in the email ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

I got through to cancel today initially I got treated to a 5 minute pitch of why it was wort 20 a month. Then she offered the 12.99 deal to which I said I'd only keep it for the 9.99 deal. She put me om hold to 'consult' and was back on with the 9.99 offer for 3 months within 30 seconda so I took it. Hapoy days.

What details do you need to give in the email ??

I quoted my name and viewing card number, and also had a reference number that they gave me when I last called them. Just say you wish to give your notice to cancel and want an acknowledgment email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

UPC are mugs, got quoted €16 p/m for setanta pack and that the best the chap can do. What a joke.

walshki wrote: »
    I got through to cancel today initially I got treated to a 5 minute pitch of why it was wort 20 a month. Then she offered the 12.99 deal to which I said I'd only keep it for the 9.99 deal. She put me om hold to 'consult' and was back on with the 9.99 offer for 3 months within 30 seconda so I took it. Hapoy days.

Same here, I got thru y'day after a lengthy wait, was gonna hang up & ring again, maybe kept longer?
    Asked me did i like it, i said it was worth it the offer & now it's up,
    asked me differently? i said i can't afford the full price, 'ok' was the reply & told me the service will run out on the 30th of this month,

'Anything else i can do for you today!' I didnt know whether to laugh or cry :P Maybe he was pissed after me saying i had a long wait? They know my no if they want me back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

thegift06 wrote: »
    UPC are mugs, got quoted €16 p/m for setanta pack and that the best the chap can do. What a joke.

That's your problem,anyone with satellite is dealing direct with Setanta & can get a deal.UPC won't give a whole lot away,the actual surprise is that they didn't increase the price of Setanta in line with their other price increases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

****e.
    Forgot to cancel this... :(

Al Capwned wrote: »
    ****e.
    There's always one ;)

****e.

Setanta are fly, as they told me to ring up on the 30th of the month, it was only the reminder in my phone that let me know y'day ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

muffler wrote: »
    There's always one ;)

I bet there's a few more than one! ;)

I bet there's a few more than one! ;)
    I dont doubt it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Bobby1984

Called to cancel as today was my billing day. Told straight away that it was €19.99 for April as I didn't cancel in time.

Got offered €16.99 p/m for 2 months which I declined and then offered €12.99 p/m for 2 months which I accepted.

I will cancel next time regardless of offer and maybe take it back up in Aug/Sept when Premiership is back

Bobby1984 wrote: »
    Called to cancel as today was my billing day. Told straight away that it was €19.99 for April as I didn't cancel in time.

Got offered €16.99 p/m for 2 months which I declined and then offered €12.99 p/m for 2 months which I accepted.

I will cancel next time regardless of offer and maybe take it back up in Aug/Sept when Premiership is back

I probably would have taken the extra 2 mths if offered, but glad now i took the cancellation as not many GAA games i see of interest & they don't have the rights for Liv/Ars or Manu in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just an update here. I decided about 10 days into January that I couldn't live without BT 1, 2 and ESPN, so my billing date for the €9.99 deal was Jan 12, which meant my deal was up tomorrow. Luckily I remembered 5 mins ago giving me 10 mins to cancel, so I called and I was offered the €9.99 deal until June, which I accepted as I need to see the end of the NBA season, UFC, and the remaining Premier League games.

Happy enough with that, need to call to cancel again in May.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Will my card work in someone else's skybox to watch the games tomorrow or is it paired to only work in mine. Thanks

Will my card work in someone else's skybox to watch the games tomorrow or is it paired to only work in mine. Thanks
    No and yes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Needs to be paired with you're box :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Damn that's what I thought promised someone I'd do something for them tomorrow and they don't have the sports channels :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Had cancelled 3 weeks ago, due to finish up next week, just got a call offering €9.99 per month for 3 months. She advised me to cancel in May and wait for another deal.
    Moto GP season...Happy days. Looks to be good coverage of all races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Had cancelled 3 weeks ago, due to finish up next week, just got a call offering €9.99 per month for 3 months. She advised me to cancel in May and wait for another deal.
    Moto GP season...Happy days. Looks to be good coverage of all races.

Got the call my self last night,

Had cancelled and was to be knocked off mar 31st.
    Took another 3 months for 9.99 a month, .
    I'll ring may 30th to cancel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Damn that's what I thought promised someone I'd do something for them tomorrow and they don't have the sports channels :-(

Bring your box over. Not a biggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Quick question - My sub not up til end of March yet I can't watch Liverpool match on Setanta 1, i thought it was included in the BT package? BT 1 and 2 are fine but no ESPN or Setanta 1. How come?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭kooga

toby2111 wrote: »
    Quick question - My sub not up til end of March yet I can't watch Liverpool match on Setanta 1, i thought it was included in the BT package? BT 1 and 2 are fine but no ESPN or Setanta 1. How come?
    where r u based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Dundalk. Does that make a difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭kooga

toby2111 wrote: »
    Dundalk. Does that make a difference?

just from your wording I thought you might be in NI, where the Bt sub and setanta sub are separate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Got the call on Friday night, signed up for three more months for €9.99 per month. Guy on phone was saying that from next year they are showing the champions league, sky have lost it. Also they have the rights for the formula 1, showing the golf masters along with the pro-am par three on the Wednesday. Sky still have the Ryder cup.
    He named a few other things they have, moto gp, rugby, (sky still have Heineken cup), some form of wrestling. Can't remember all he said but they seem to be getting a hold on the monopoly that sky have/had.
    His main point was that at most BT will be €19.99 per month, half of what sky are charging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Got the call on Friday night, signed up for three more months for €9.99 per month. Guy on phone was saying that from next year they are showing the champions league, sky have lost it. Also they have the rights for the formula 1, showing the golf masters along with the pro-am par three on the Wednesday. Sky still have the Ryder cup.
    He named a few other things they have, moto gp, rugby, (sky still have Heineken cup), some form of wrestling. Can't remember all he said but they seem to be getting a hold on the monopoly that sky have/had.
    His main point was that at most BT will be €19.99 per month, half of what sky are charging.

This is the problem. If one or other would keep the monopoly it would cost less overall. Now I've to pay for Sky/Setanta with no real additional content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Have gotten a couple of missed calls from +3538000270070, thats them i suppose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Now this is interesting! Heineken cup ends this season, to be replaced by another European rugby competition, but the TV rights are a bit up in the air. I am interested in golf, so am really interested to hear about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

vienne86 wrote: »
    Now this is interesting! Heineken cup ends this season, to be replaced by another European rugby competition, but the TV rights are a bit up in the air. I am interested in golf, so am really interested to hear about that.

Yes I agree, he did say something about showing some club rugby games but I can't remember which one he said.

Regarding the golf, we are also huge golf fans and love the majors and the Ryder cup. I know bbc usually show the final 2 days of the majors, but the Ryder cup alone would make us hold onto sky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭handandy

live f1 on setanta is ok if you can put up with 50 million ad breaks during the live race for allianz insurance . and the second the race is over they cut away to show some stupid 15 year old premier league match between liverpool and man united so you dont even get to see the drivers podium and podium interviws at the end .:rolleyes:

Id say its Setanta that have the rights to showing the Masters in Ireland, Id be surprised if Sky have already lost the coverage to BT after not long getting it off BBC.

Yes I agree, he did say something about showing some club rugby games but I can't remember which one he said.

Regarding the golf, we are also huge golf fans and love the majors and the Ryder cup. I know bbc usually show the final 2 days of the majors, but the Ryder cup alone would make us hold onto sky.

2 days of The Masters and 4 days of The Open would be their covergae of the majors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

2 days of The Masters and 4 days of The Open would be their covergae of the majors.

Yes, I think you're right. BBC don't get any other majors.

Advertisement