Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No, I usually ring well before 30 day notice. Haven't been cut off yet as they always call with new offer first.
    They do say I'm paid up till end of month.

And proper order too!
    I could be switched off with weeks for all I know..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭kooga

my setanta sub was due to go off today, but as I posted earlier I got a call last week offering me 4 months at 9.99 pm so I took it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Sorry for bumping this thread, I'm just curious if anybody who cancelled this deal has managed to get back on it? I want BT and Setanta for the soccer, thinking about giving them a ring today to try and get back on the €10/12 per month deal.

Sorry for bumping this thread, I'm just curious if anybody who cancelled this deal has managed to get back on it? I want BT and Setanta for the soccer, thinking about giving them a ring today to try and get back on the €10/12 per month deal.

i'm surprised they haven't rung you. Give them a ring, nothing ventured nothing gained!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rang a couple of weeks ago and got €9,99 for 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

zerks wrote: »
    Rang a couple of weeks ago and got €9,99 for 3 months.

Per month or for 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MICHAELO_4921

Just wondering if anyone know what matches BT Sport will be showing in next season European Rugby Champions Cup old Heineken Cup as I'm with UPC & the Setanta package would work out better value than Sky Sport.

from European Professional Club Rugby:
    "BT Sport and Sky are TV rights holders for the tournaments in the UK and Ireland. "

Just found this online

"35 games from the 2014/5 European Rugby Champions Cup will be broadcast exclusively live on the Setanta Sports Pack.

From next season the new competition will replace the existing Heineken Cup. The European Rugby Champions Cup will feature 20 teams from the RaboDirect Pro12, the Aviva Premiership and the French Top 14.

In total 70 live games from the competition will be broadcast live with 35 of those games exclusive to BT Sport. BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 are now part of the Setanta Sports Pack in Ireland."

Just wondering if anyone know what matches BT Sport will be showing in next season European Rugby Champions Cup old Heineken Cup as I'm with UPC & the Setanta package would work out better value than Sky Sport.

"BT Sport and Sky are TV rights holders for the tournaments in the UK and Ireland. "

has yet to be announced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That was discussed a while back over on the Rugby thread. I'm a Leinster fan and I can remember thinking at the time, that on my Sky package, I would miss seeing one away pool match in England......now it turns out that Leinster have drawn two English teams, so perhaps I will miss out on two of away pool matches. I can't remember the details, but I seem to recall that BT get first crack at the choice of matches being played in Enlgand, but that they can't have both the home and away fixture of any tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭zac8

Used to have the 9.99 a month deal but I phoned just now to see if they could give me that again and they said no.

• Advertisement

zac8 wrote: »
    Used to have the 9.99 a month deal but I phoned just now to see if they could give me that again and they said no.

hold tough, there's still time left before the new season starts and they will ring you back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭zac8

kooga wrote: »
    hold tough, there's still time left before the new season starts and they will ring you back

I would have thought that the closer we get to the season starting the less likely you are to get a deal. They'll probably start offering deals again in the second half of September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Soarer wrote: »
    Per month or for 3 months?

Per month.I've been on deals for a couple of years now.I just have a reminder to ring them when my latest one is due to expire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

I am paying €19.99 for the last few months. When I rang to order it I was told that that was the price and there was no discount. What number do you ring to ask for an offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gypsylee wrote: »
    I am paying €19.99 for the last few months. When I rang to order it I was told that that was the price and there was no discount. What number do you ring to ask for an offer?

The next time you ring just cancel and they will offer you a better deal than €19.99.

If they don't offer a better deal cancel anyway they will ring you back within a month and ask what it will take to keep you as a customer then you tell them €9.99 a month will keep you as customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

The next time you ring just cancel and they will offer you a better deal than €19.99.

If they don't offer a better deal cancel anyway they will ring you back within a month and ask what it will take to keep you as a customer then you tell them €9.99 a month will keep you as customer.

I cancelled my annual subscription last week & was offered the 9.99 deal for a few months but I declined.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Just off the phone with them. I was offered €19.99 a month and a connection fee of €14.99. I politely declined

Just off the phone with them. I was offered €19.99 a month and a connection fee of €14.99. I politely declined

Uh oh, it looks like the bargains are over. I suppose that at the start of the season we can't expect a bargain. I tried it for the rugby and I must say their coverage is good - I was particularly keen on the Top 14 in France, but that has now gone to Sky, so it would have to be a really cheap offer to get me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

vienne86 wrote: »
    Uh oh, it looks like the bargains are over. I suppose that at the start of the season we can't expect a bargain. I tried it for the rugby and I must say their coverage is good - I was particularly keen on the Top 14 in France, but that has now gone to Sky, so it would have to be a really cheap offer to get me back.

But they now have 50% of the champions cup (new Heineken cup) games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

Just hold firm, everyone. They'll offer us all a deal as long as some of us don't crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭celt262

Just hold firm, everyone. They'll offer us all a deal as long as some of us don't crack.

I'm holding firm 2 years this October, best I have got is 50% for 9 months.

Not that interested in it now unless I get a 75% offer.

Their coverage will be mainly focused on the matches being played in England. Most Irish teams play once in England in the pool stages, though this year Leinster will play there twice. I think Sky have the knock-out stages...I might be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

celt262 wrote: »
    I'm holding firm 2 years this October, best I have got is 50% for 9 months.

Not that interested in it now unless I get a 75% offer.
    I'm not aware of anyone having got that offer from Setanta. Are you sure you're not confusing them with Sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Rang to cancel yesterday and was offered 9.99 again for three months, so offer still available

the best offer seems to be €9.99 a month for three months. One or two here have got six months. I am currently on €9.99 a month for 4 months.

this will cover july, august september october.

in september a week before my october payment is due i will ring them and negotiate, if not to my satisfation i will cancel.
    what will then happy is i will receive a call towards the end of october offering me €9.99 a month and i will accept.

a few months later repeat the process all over again!

• Advertisement

There's a new thread of this over on the rugby forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

As a new subscriber its 19.99 per month or 200 for the year? is there a minimum term on the monthly fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

jhammer wrote: »
    As a new subscriber its 19.99 per month or 200 for the year? is there a minimum term on the monthly fee?

Sorry just found out two month minimum. so my next question is, as a new subscriber i pay for two months and cancel and hopefully get offered a better deal? or would they see through that and only offer deals to long term subscribers.

so a week before they take your second month sub, ring to give your cancellation notice, say its too expensive.

you should then get offered 9.99 a month

so first two months 19.99 a month and then 9.99 thereafter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So I got ESPN, BT and setanta free for 2 months on evision in a promotion.
    Will ring up later on to cancel, hopefully get some sort of deal, if not I'm not bothered as it's barely been switched on since I got it.

WWill let ye know how I get on.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

kooga wrote: »

so a week before they take your second month sub, ring to give your cancellation notice, say its too expensive.

you should then get offered 9.99 a month

so first two months 19.99 a month and then 9.99 thereafter

there is a connection fee too.

I cancelled in May, yet to get a call about the new season. I was paying Eur 12.99 a month.

Will ring up later on to cancel, hopefully get some sort of deal, if not I'm not bothered as it's barely been switched on since I got it.

i can't imagine eircom doing you a deal it, its the same price on UPC at €16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Anyone manage to get re-connected without the connection fee?

Got an email last night of a price increase to €21.99 a month starting next month.

I won't be staying with Setanta at that price that's for sure so unless I can keep getting the bargain they can wave goodbye to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Got an email last night of a price increase to €21.99 a month starting next month.

I won't be staying with Setanta at that price that's for sure so unless I can keep getting the bargain they can wave goodbye to me.

Is that on sky or upc?
    My rugby is feked up now thanks to the splitting of games between bt and sky sports i am on upc but was half tempted to get the bt for 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Del007

That's a good deal alright, I'm going to wait until the start of the premier league to activate it

crasy dash wrote: »
    Is that on sky or upc?
    My rugby is feked up now thanks to the splitting of games between bt and sky sports i am on upc but was half tempted to get the bt for 16.

Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Anyone manage to get re-connected without the connection fee?

Got connection without paying connection fee, went through cancellation department.

What are you paying at the moment if you dont mind me asking?

muffler wrote: »
    What are you paying at the moment if you dont mind me asking?

€9.99 a month which I'm very happy with. I had paid €12.99 before that which is just about right for what I use it for.

They tried to get me at €16.99 instead of €19.99 but I told them to cancel and offerd me the €9.99.

I really don't think it's worth €21.99 thought for me anyway.

• Advertisement

I really don't think it's worth €21.99 thought for me anyway.
    It's probably not worth that to most people Id imagine.

I havent been with them since March last when I left after they overcharged me. I did get my money back and did say I might come back to them later in the year if the price was right. A nice cs manager I had been dealing with told me to ask for her whenever I wanted to rejoin and she would see what she could do for me given what had happened.

Not that long to go till the footy season starts so I'll see what they offer when I ring in a couple of weeks.

muffler wrote: »
    It's probably not worth that to most people Id imagine.

I havent been with them since March last when I left after they overcharged me. I did get my money back and did say I might come back to them later in the year if the price was right. A nice cs manager I had been dealing with told me to ask for her whenever I wanted to rejoin and she would see what she could do for me given what had happened.

Not that long to go till the footy season starts so I'll see what they offer when I ring in a couple of weeks.

With the football back I would happily keep paying the €9.99 but I have a feeling that maybe gone now and €12.99 will be the best offers going.

As I said €12.99 is just about right for my usage and I'd be happy to pay that a month for the football.

Of course I'm not going to tell them that when I ring to cancel.

Well I certainly won't be going back to them at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Peak season for Setanta coming up. Doubt there will be much in the way of deals for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Peak season for Setanta coming up. Doubt there will be much in the way of deals for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Just saw this...it's back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Just saw this...

Last time it was try Seranta for a month. This seems to be the first month is €1, with a two month minimum. Still though good find and could be a great deal.

The preliminary Prem league footy list is now up on their site.
    Man United v Swansea Saturday August 16 12.45pm BT Sport 1
    Leicester v Everton Saturday, August 16 3.00pm Setanta
    Aston Villa v Newcastle Saturday August 23 12.45pm BT Sport 1
    Chelsea v Leicester Saturday August 23 3.00pm Setanta
    Burnley v Man United Saturday August 30 12.45pm BT Sport 1
    Man City v Stoke Saturday August 30 3.00pm Setanta
    Arsenal v Man City Saturday September 13 12.45pm BT Sport 1
    Southampton v Newcastle Saturday September 13 3.00pm Setanta
    QPR v Stoke City Saturday September 20 12.45pm BT Sport 1
    Aston Villa v Arsenal Saturday September 20 3.00pm Setanta
    Liverpool v Everton Saturday September 27 12.45pm BT Sport 1
    Man United v West Ham Saturday September 27 3.00pm Setanta
    Liverpool v West Brom Saturday October 4 3.00pm Setanta
    Man United v Everton Sunday October 5 12.00pm BT Sport 1
    Man City v Tottenham Saturday October 18 12.45pm BT Sport 1
    Southampton v Sunderland Saturday October 18 3.00pm Setanta
    West Ham v Man City Saturday October 25 12.45pm BT Sport 1
    West Brom v Crystal Palace Saturday October 25 3.00pm Setanta
    Newcastle v Liverpool Saturday November 1 12.45pm BT Sport 1
    Stoke v West Ham Saturday November 1 3.00pm Setanta
    Liverpool v Chelsea Saturday November 8 12.45pm BT Sport 1
    Man United v Crystal Palace Saturday November 8 3.00pm Setanta
    Chelsea v West Brom Saturday November 22 3.00pm Setanta
    West Brom v Arsenal Saturday November 29 12.45pm BT Sport 1

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

Last time it was try Seranta for a month. This seems to be the first month is €1, with a two month minimum. Still though good find and could be a great deal.

So it's more like €22 for two months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

So it's more like €22 for two months?

Plus €9.99 connection fee I presume.
    If so, not that great a deal!

Advertisement