Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14 - Matchday Thread

• 03-12-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

We should have midweek games every week. And once players have bionic legs we will...

In the meantime we welcome another week when non-Ramsey owners like myself will eagerly await the Arsenal teamsheet, and after seeing him not start we shall relax, briefly, until he comes on in the 80th minute to bag a brace. He's the man we love to hate.

2n8afd0.png

I currently have Morrison on the bench as he seems to have been rested last week. Would be nice to have some interest in tonight's game though, might stick him in for Vlaar/Clyne.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ah would you just buy him already

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I've brought Morrison in this week, and will be starting him.
    Brought him in for Amalfitano, no contest there in terms of FF potential.

I was very confident with my back 4 last week, they delivered 4/4 clean sheets and a lot on the side.

Not so much this GW though.
    Collins, Mert and Zab offer best chances, I'm not dropping Coleman despite him being up against United. It doesn't make sense to bench Clyne but I'm just going with my gut on that.

There could be a few 100,000 upset with Ozil come Thursday night, he was never going to be using a transfer of mine this week. Gerrard and Morrison to support him.

In Aguero, Saurez and Lukaku I trust.

Looking forward to getting this week over, I have a few combos of 2 transfers planned before the weekend and that will be my Christmas shopping done.
    (The Bacuna bandwagon never took off :(... that was a diabolic waste of a transfer)

roryc wrote: »
    I currently have Morrison on the bench as he seems to have been rested last week. Would be nice to have some interest in tonight's game though, might stick him in for Vlaar/Clyne.

Nice tip from another thread on this, we should have the team sheet for West Ham before the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm 5 points off top 100k, would be happy with cracking this by tomorrow night.
    PARlance wrote: »
    Nice tip from another thread on this, we should have the team sheet for West Ham before the deadline.

Good point, think I have to put him in if he starts. Vlaar most likely to make way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Relatively confident this week, but after me being 100% confident last week I'm still facing red arrows :p

Surely Mignolet can keep a clean sheet this week :pac: At home against Norwich who have scored 11 goals in 13 games.. Lets hope that Mignolet makes that 11 in 14 ;)

I've brought Cahill this week as Chelski have a great run over the Christmas period.. Can't see Cahill getting rested that much either.. If anyone in that back 4 gets rested it will surely be Terry or Ivanovic who haven't missed a game yet

My one decision for my defensive line is whether to play Vlaar or Clyne.. Thoughts? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Danger781 wrote: »
    Relatively confident this week, but after me being 100% confident last week I'm still facing red arrows :p

Surely Mignolet can keep a clean sheet this week :pac: At home against Norwich who have scored 11 goals in 13 games.. Lets hope that Mignolet makes that 11 in 14 ;)

I've brought Cahill this week as Chelski have a great run over the Christmas period.. Can't see Cahill getting rested that much either.. If anyone in that back 4 gets rested it will surely be Terry or Ivanovic who haven't missed a game yet

My one decision for my defensive line is whether to play Vlaar or Clyne.. Thoughts? :confused:

If you have a choice between two players ALWAYS play the player who is at home.

Clyne.

If you have a choice between two players ALWAYS play the player who is at home.

Clyne.

That's what I'm thinking - I'm just worried that Davis / Gazzaniga won't do as well as Boruc..

It's not knowing that worries me - While Guzan is a familiar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ok,time for reverse psychology.I predict a shocking return from my team this GW.

Eventually got Ramsey,couldn't justify keeping Hazard when his returns are so inconsistent.Mata has better chance creations despite hardly playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

That's what I'm thinking - I'm just worried that Davis / Gazzaniga won't do as well as Boruc..

It's not knowing that worries me - While Guzan is a familiar

Palace are concentrating on keeping clean sheets and have shut up shop under a new manager and hoping to nick one on set pieces sheets.

I think Southhampton are more likely to keep a clean sheet than west ham. Plus you have sub goalie trying to make a name for himself and who is looking at six weeks gametime.

I may be wrong but home teams generally perform better than away teams.

At least then you can say, well I played the player at home rather than hating yourself for going for the away player on a gut feeling.

Also- I am expecting Lallana to run riot tonight after two tough fixtures. He is starting for me.

Gameweek_14.jpg

I know what you are thinking- That is a SERIOUS team. You'd be right. 107.3 to be exact and climbing. Just sneaked inside the top 100K after an awful start.

Palace are concentrating on keeping clean sheets and have shut up shop under a new manager and hoping to nick one on set pieces sheets.

I think Southhampton are more likely to keep a clean sheet than west ham. Plus you have sub goalie trying to make a name for himself and who is looking at six weeks gametime.

I may be wrong but home teams generally perform better than away teams.

At least then you can say, well I played the player at home rather than hating yourself for going for the away player on a gut feeling.

Good job. You've convinced me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I'm 5 points off top 100k, would be happy with cracking this by tomorrow night.

Good point, think I have to put him in if he starts. Vlaar most likely to make way.

How many points have you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Oscar injured but Et'o fit: SSN.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Didn't realise Oscar was out and used 2 free transfers earlier :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

A bit off topic but should I transfer Oscar to Walcott for a hit or bench him and play Burner or Coleman instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've benched Oscar, he's my preferred option in the Chelsea midfield long term so I'll just take his absence on the chin and hope he's back for the weekend.

Brought in Gazzaniga, Koscielny and Morrison for Boruc, Toure and Barkley, so lining up like this for the GW:

5mg2J8.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

With Boruc out I don't see an outstanding replacement candidate for this gameweek, I certainly won't spend over 5m so i'm putting my faith in McGregor away to Arsenal, i'm hoping for either 10 saves or a penalty save, I reckon he'll be lucky to get one appearance point. Still as long as Ramsey doesn't put one past him i'll view it as a success.

G1032 wrote: »
    How many points have you?

756, not great. With Ramsey that would be considerably higher.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yes Rory, that's a terrible score. You should quit now as it really is an embarrassment. :rolleyes::pac: I'm 770 and delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Morrison or Cabaye to start is my dilemma.

Totally unsure about it.

dahat wrote: »
    Morrison or Cabaye to start is my dilemma.

Totally unsure about it.

You'll know if Morrisson is in the 11 before 730 tonight, if he is I'd prefer his fixture but it's a tough call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We are a third of the way through the season get 756 pts in each third of the season, or finish just outside the top 100k for each third of the season, and I'd imagine you will be quite comfortably in the top 10k come the end of the season. Im on 751 quite happy with that considering I haven't had any joy with my midfield picks bar ozil all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

You'll know if Morrisson is in the 11 before 730 tonight, if he is I'd prefer his fixture but it's a tough call.

If he starts i may go with him as i have Remy as well, 2 Newcastle players is a risk at the best of times.

Ok. On 706 at the moment myself but not quite as far behind the top 100000 as I thought

I'm on 640.. Gonna need a fair few good weeks to make a dent..

What time should we hear about Morrisson?

Surely he'll play though

What time should we hear about Morrisson?

Surely he'll play though

8pm kick off, we should know within a minute or two of seven o clock, nothing is certain but it's hard to understand how Sam can think they'll be a better team without him.

8pm kick off, we should know within a minute or two of seven o clock, nothing is certain but it's hard to understand how Sam can think they'll be a better team without him.

Given his history, being dropped is just as likely to do with discipline rather than form.

We are a third of the way through the season get 756 pts in each third of the season, or finish just outside the top 100k for each third of the season, and I'd imagine you will be quite comfortably in the top 10k come the end of the season. Im on 751 quite happy with that considering I haven't had any joy with my midfield picks bar ozil all year.

I don't consider my score to be anything of note, would be delighted with 800. Had I kept Ramsey in my original wildcard instead of subbing him back out for Barkley for a £0.1 profit I'd probably be past that mark! Getting lucky with a few key captaincy choices and the likes or Terry, Mert and Nasri all performing at key times has kept my head above water. Hopefully can kick on over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm probably going to risk starting morrison regardless, as my alternative is Brady away to Arsenal. Even if he starts on the bench hes likley to play at some stage and good chance of a return. I could play Clyne at home to Villa instead I suppose, but I fancy Morrison to get something even if he only plays half an hour...

Ask me again at 5 past 7 mind you! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

Is Coutinho likely to start tomorrow?

Wondering who to play. Ridgewell, Brady or for a first appearance this season, Jedinak. Yes I have him in my team. I'm thinking Jedinak actually. Don't fancy Ridgewell although he's often good for a goal. Brady hasn't been any good for me and Jedinak would give me interest for tonight. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Would I be mad to start Gabbidon over Coleman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Would I be mad to start Gabbidon over Coleman?

I am !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

km79 wrote: »
    I am !

I am as well!

I'm not starting Coleman, so I guess I almost am as well!

• Advertisement

Sagna is out tomorrow. I'll start Brady. Arsenal won't be nearly as strong defensively with Jenkinson in there. Hull might sneak a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Capajoma wrote: »
    Is Coutinho likely to start tomorrow?

Id say so. He didn't train last week thats why he was on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have a front 8 of:

Ozil, Ramsey, Sess, Gerrard, Morrison
    Aguero, Suarez. Remy

Who do I bench?! If Morrison is set to start tonight then I think I must start him.

I'd bench Sess and either Morrisson or Remy

Edit: Unless you're playing 3-4-3, in which case just Sess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What's the betting that the site will crash when everybody logs in at 7pm :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Expecting a terrible score this gameweek because things have been going too well of late.

That said, looking forward to tomorrow evening because, along with the last day of the season, this must be the only time where 18 of the 20 PL teams will be in action at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who thought there was more than one match tonight.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Expecting a terrible score this gameweek because things have been going too well of late.

That said, looking forward to tomorrow evening because, along with the last day of the season, this must be the only time where 18 of the 20 PL teams will be in action at once.

was just thinking that myself its very rare we have so many games on at the same time.
    Which 2 from dawson, clyne, morrison, townsend would you go with I have a southampton keeper aswell. Im thinking dawson and morrison assuming he starts.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Please tell me I wasn't the only one who thought there was more than one match tonight.

:o

I didn't even know there was a match tonight until about two hours ago! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

I didn't even know there was a match tonight until about two hours ago! :pac:

I'm banking on a few people missing the deadline :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

was just thinking that myself its very rare we have so many games on at the same time.
    Which 2 from dawson, clyne, morrison, townsend would you go with I have a southampton keeper aswell. Im thinking dawson and morrison assuming he starts.

I'd agree with Dawson and Morisson. I have Zab on the bench but I'm half thinking about leaving Morrisson on even if he doesn't start because he could come on again and get something.

My hope is that Sam was saving him for this game.

The chances of Morrison scoring tonight are a little higher than 3/1, and to get an assist would be about the same. Villa to win to 0 is 7/1, so to keep a clean sheet would be about 5/1. The bookies are expecting Southampton to score! If Ravel starts tonight it's an easy decision to start him over Vlaar.

I've been following the bookies odds most of the year, hasn't really worked out yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »

New Years day is pretty special too, every team playing that day, granted just 16 teams at once, but an early (12.45) kick off and an evening (5.30) kick off too. Then there's the darts final later again
    Boxing Day also has all 20 in action with 1 early and 1 late, but no darts. Think those 2 days and the last day of the season are the only days with every team in action

ST STEPHEN'S DAY

I've emigrated year's and still don't bow down to the Queen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

any west ham team news? Have rat but will bench him if he's not playing

• Advertisement
Advertisement