Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14 - Matchday Thread

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

95(-4) and sees me drop exactly 820 places overall to just over 53k.

Seems if you were in the top 100k or so 90+ is a red arrow, if you were lower its a green.

Actually lost ground to lads in my league who forgot to pick their team!! Boys getting Delph subbed in for Giroud, or who had left 2 Everton defenders in at Old Trafford getting 100+..... What can you do!? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

paddyh117 wrote: »
    with all due respect - this is madness - he's not too expensive, if you can't afford him it's because you've spent too much on others, not on him - he's averaged 11 points per game since his ban - 11!
    He was too expensive on the night. I would have had to make four transfers to get him in and lose 8 points. Slowly but surely I'll get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Fair play to anyone to had 2 Everton defenders last night. I as an Everton fan left Coleman on the bench :mad::mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I love people like this in my leagues Amber, I have a few that refused to bring in Ronalso when he was scoring 2 every week.

+1 i have an everton fan in my league that refuses to pick Suarez. he's gone from 3rd to 9th overnight - hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone that doesnt pick a player for reasons outside of FPL is an idiot tbh

just the 250k places dropped.

AdMMM wrote: »
    He was too expensive on the night. I would have had to make four transfers to get him in and lose 8 points. Slowly but surely I'll get him in.

Fair enough, but had you spent the 8 points, and made him captain, his score of 48 would have netted you 40! :)

*Hindsight of course is great! thought he's do well - had no idea he'd do that well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Finally in the top 100k overall but want top 10k finish like last season. I hate Suarez but I have him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Fair play to anyone to had 2 Everton defenders last night. I as an Everton fan left Coleman on the bench :mad::mad:.

Yeah. I had one.. on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I was 10 minutes away from 90+.

it's just been a bad season for me. a combination of iffy decisions, particularly with my WC, and some bad luck have seen things go pretty awfully.

less inclination all season to properly plan hasn't helped either.

I'll keep plugging away though. keeping in touch-ish and using my New Year WC well will be essential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Great to wake up and see my 108 points moved me from 38k to 14k. Have done some serious jumping this last few weeks.
    You are flying at the moment. I could do with a good 3 or 4 weeks in a row now. Have dropped outside the top 150k a few gaps developing in my money leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

SlickRic wrote: »

I was 10 minutes away from 90+.

it's just been a bad season for me. a combination of iffy decisions, particularly with my WC, and some bad luck have seen things go pretty awfully.

less inclination all season to properly plan hasn't helped either.

I'll keep plugging away though. keeping in touch-ish and using my New Year WC well will be essential.

This is what f***ed me over rightly this year. I've never recovered from my poor WC choices. Did it at the end of GW3?? (start of that first international break) and re-jigged the whole team to get in RVP. Coupled with that I had both Ramsey and Ya Ya in a provisional WC team and took them both out before the WC window closed.

I've also taken too many hits this season trying to play catch up and they haven't worked.

It's a really a case of lessons learned and pretty much write off the rest of the season. No possible way I can now make up 140 deficit in my money league. Good learning curve though and I'll know what mistakes not to make again. I had it too good for the last couple of years , but boy it's bitten me in the @ss this season

I think I need to reassess my Martinez plays attacking football so everton wont keep clean sheets ideas . The other thing is Walcott is no longer a first choice arsenal player and is no longer a viable FF asset. Wenger has had 4 games to get him back in the team and it still hasn't happened. Walcotts comeback has been the main reason behind my ramsey stubbornness. As I always felt an ozil Walcott combo would be FF gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I think I haven't shown enough faith in Everton.

They have great games over the Christmas period.. might double up.. :confused:

I think I need to reassess my Martinez plays attacking football so everton wont keep clean sheets ideas . The other thing is Walcott is no longer a first choice arsenal player and is no longer a viable FF asset. Wenger has had 4 games to get him back in the team and it still hasn't happened. Walcotts comeback has been the main reason behind my ramsey stubbornness. As I always felt an ozil Walcott combo would be FF gold.

It said today in Arseblog that Walcott is still recovering from the effects of an illness??

As it turns out, the manager had little choice really. It’s clear that Giroud needed some time to rest and with Theodore P Walcott still suffering the effects of illness, there was no other choice than to deploy the Big Dane.

http://arseblog.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

81 Drop 20K places to 120K.

Had Pantimilion in this week for Boruc.

Speroni would would have come in for Boruc on rotation if Boruc didn't get injured got 8 on my bench and Coleman also 8 on my bench.

I don't regret benching either. Anyone patting themselves on the back for playing two Everton players away to Old Trafford is

A. A person that forgot to log in and change their team
    B. A delusional Everton Fan
    C. The victim or a horiffic bench that will destroy them over Christmas
    D. An idiot.

It was a meh week.

Team Value is 107.6 so toying with Idea of Hazard in for Lallana but would have to downgrade Giroud significantly which I don't want to do. Lallana has two tough fixtures but is a guaranteed starter over Chrimbo where Hazard will certainly be rested for Mata at some stage.

Also I've gone up 300k places. An improvement, at leas after 9 consecutive weeks of red arrows..

Yet still fifth place in my private league :(

Danger781 wrote: »

I have Coleman, who I benched last night and I'll be bringing in Lukaku for Rooney this week

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

G1032 wrote: »
    This is what f***ed me over rightly this year. I've never recovered from my poor WC choices. Did it at the end of GW3?? (start of that first international break) and re-jigged the whole team to get in RVP. Coupled with that I had both Ramsey and Ya Ya in a provisional WC team and took them both out before the WC window closed.

I've also taken too many hits this season trying to play catch up and they haven't worked.

It's a really a case of lessons learned and pretty much write off the rest of the season. No possible way I can now make up 140 deficit in my money league. Good learning curve though and I'll know what mistakes not to make again. I had it too good for the last couple of years , but boy it's bitten me in the @ss this season

cry me a river!!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have absolutely no pity for anyone that didn't have Suarez captain last night. None at all.

What else does he need to do to get in someones team? And yet he's only owned by 35% or so.

Madness.

Become less of a c u n t

I have Coleman, who I benched last night and I'll be bringing in Lukaku for Rooney this week

Yes Remy OUT, Lukaku IN I think before GW16. Shame it will cost me so much.. Really throws my plans astray.. :(

Although with Lukaku rising tonight, I may have to do it sooner.

One of the biggest mistakes I made was getting rid of Lukaku.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Inside the top 200k for the first time this season, 193k to be precise. I made a lot bad choices early on but make that 6 green arrows in a row now. Slow and steady ground being made up.

Gerrard very unlucky not to have picked up 2 more assists last night, especially the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this is pretty much where I'm at too.

well said.

JR6 wrote: »
    cry me a river!!!!! :D:D:D

You just concentrate on sorting out your own mess this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

You just concentrate on sorting out your own mess this week!

Mess? What mess?
    108 points this week and 59k in the world!
    Happy days!:P

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    Become less of a c u n t

see this is what i don't understand - it's irrelevant - as long as he's scoring 11 points per game, he can do whatever he likes

anyhoo - leave him out of your team - what do i care??

Wouldnt give up on money leagues yet things can turn very quickly in this game. Im 90 behind in mine but still fancy my chances. I have got 3 massive calls wrong this season Yaya, ramsey and coleman and its cost me big time. There is still a long way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I don't have a prayer of closing the gap in my private leagues, think I'll use the rest of this season to experiment with different strategies and then hustle all the ****ers next year. The two biggest lessons from this year;

1) Don't tear your team apart to fit in RVP
    2) Don't tear your team apart again after a week of freak clean sheets. Points are at the front no at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Become less of a c u n t

Why you posting your to do list in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Fair play. Serious move made over the last while.

I actually moved 28k to 14k. 38k was a mistype. I have made some serious gains though.

For those losing heart, I wouldn't at all. It's early days yet. Two years ago when I finished in the top 500, I was outside the top 100k at Xmas. This is a game of swings and roundabouts.

I'm doing well at the minute but that can change in a second. 90 and 100 point leads in private leagues are easy to overcome. I was 70 points behind in mine 2 to 3 gameweeks ago. That's now 7 or 8 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

paddyh117 wrote: »
    see this is what i don't understand - it's irrelevant - as long as he's scoring 11 points per game, he can do whatever he likes

I don't understand either, it's bizarre. I have John Terry and Ravel Morrison in my team too, and they're hardly angels. Suarez is a points machine this year. I think not having him is worse than not having Ramsey, especially because people are inclined to captain him more than Ramsey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Danger781 wrote: »

Im having a serious think about doing mignolet to howard soon (already have Coleman). Surprisingly there hasn't been much talk of Howard on boards so far.

He's kept 5 clean sheets out of his last 6 games and after Aresenal this weekend has:

Fulham (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Southampton (H)
    Stoke (A)
    Norwich (H)
    West Brom (A)

Definitely the potential to keep a few more clean sheets from those games. Also he is only owned by 6.4 % of people so a good differential too.

thunderdog wrote: »
    Im having a serious think about doing mignolet to howard soon (already have Coleman). Surprisingly there hasn't been much talk of Howard on boards so far.

He's kept 5 clean sheets out of his last 6 games and after Aresenal this weekend has:

Fulham (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Southampton (H)
    Stoke (A)
    Norwich (H)
    West Brom (A)

Definitely the potential to keep a few more clean sheets from those games. Also he is only owned by 6.4 % of people so a good differential too.

He's got to be considered on the grounds of that magnificent beard alone :) the fixtures help too :pac: I may hop on that bus myself in the next few gws

He's got to be considered on the grounds of that magnificent beard alone :) the fixtures help too :pac: I may hop on that bus myself in the next few gws

Actually that would be a better move than my planned swap to Distin to get back on Evertons defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Yeah Im pretty sure i've seen that beard of his make a few saves itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Scored 23 over the average and still drop 20k places to 35K...

My midfield got me 22 points last night. 3 out of the 4 providing attacking returns. This may sound like small fry to those with Hazard and Yaya but it's my highest total since GW 8 when Andros and Ozil did stuff. Therin lies the reason I've been struggling. Ramsey seemed to boost everyone elses confidence :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

308K TO 183 K Overall, really pleased with that, 767k overall on GW8 so making solid headway.

Issues around Yaya now, i will have to break the bank to get him, not sure if i want to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Similar to me, jumped from 427k to 262k with 103 last night after being 898k after GW9. My 'wifes team' dropped from 11k to 22k last night with a score of 82...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Dropped from 9k in GW 10 to 20k this week, but still fairly happy with my return this season, very close to gettin grid of Ozil till last week, would love Yaya in midfield but hard to find the cash with Rooney, Suarez and Aguero up front.

• Advertisement

Dropped from 9k in GW 10 to 20k this week, but still fairly happy with my return this season, very close to gettin grid of Ozil till last week, would love Yaya in midfield but hard to find the cash with Rooney, Suarez and Aguero up front.

Been looking at that and its nearly impossible.

So the question is....Rooney & for example Morrison OR Lukaku and Yaya??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think Lukaku will run Rooney close over the course of the season, the question is whether Rooney will be worth £3m of a difference considering what you could get with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    Been looking at that and its nearly impossible.

So the question is....Rooney & for example Morrison OR Lukaku and Yaya??

I'd have Lukaku over Rooney as a straight swap until the end of Jan.
    The rest is easy.

The way United are playing, a RVP return looks more likely to eat into Rooney returns than add to them.

No Yaya for me though, my money is tied up elsewhere.

I'm probably going to be the only player not to have Ramseys or Yaya in my team at any stage :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I had a great week last weekend, didnt even get three days of enjoyment out of it!

Got a measly 75 last night and dropped from 50k to 100k.

On the bright side still refusing to bring in ramsey!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Got 91 pts and dropped 22 places Overall, not having Hazard screwed me over
    Had the money to swap Hazard in for Oscar but took a pot on Gerrard that backfired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

PARlance wrote: »
    I'd have Lukaku over Rooney as a straight swap until the end of Jan.
    The rest is easy.

The way United are playing, a RVP return looks more likely to eat into Rooney returns than add to them.

No Yaya for me though, my money is tied up elsewhere.

I'm probably going to be the only player not to have Ramseys or Yaya in my team at any stage :o

Who exactly do you have if you don't have your money tied up in at least one of the top scoring players in the game?
    No point in having money tied up in the wrong players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Who exactly do you have if you don't have your money tied up in at least one of the top scoring players in the game?
    No point in having money tied up in the wrong players.

Mig - Daniels
    Coleman - Zab - Mert - Collins - Clyne
    Morrison - Lampard - Gerrard - Ozil - Bannan
    Aguero- Suarez - Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Become less of a c u n t

I've just swallowed my pride and got him in, taking a eight point hit along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

thunderdog wrote: »

SHHHHH...

• Advertisement
Advertisement