Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

roryc wrote: »
    ST STEPHEN'S DAY

I've emigrated year's and still don't bow down to the Queen :)

Boxing day football, boxing day cricket test from Aus. Stephen's day racing from Leopardstown, I've always called them as they are in their homeland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

#WHUFC: Jaaskelainen, O'Brien, Collins, Tomkins, Rat, Noble, Nolan, Morrison, Downing, Diame, C.Cole #COYI
    subs: Adrian, McCartney, Jarvis, Maiga, Demel, J.Cole, Collison

Palace XI: Speroni, Ward, Gabbidon, Delaney, Moxey, Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Bannan, Puncheon, Chamakh, Jerome
    subs: Price, Mariappa, O'Keefe, Williams, Kebe, Gayle, Philiips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Damn you all, just reopened the fantasy league page, and all over just one player, in one match tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

West Ham: Jaaskelainen, O'Brien, Collins, Tomkins, Rat, Noble, Nolan, Morrison, Downing, Diame, C.Cole

Ravel starts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Ravel starts and the Rat starts despite having a 25% chance of playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

West Ham: Jaaskelainen, O'Brien, Collins, Tomkins, Rat, Noble, Nolan, Morrison, Downing, Diame, C.Cole

Ravel starts :)

Sorted. Cheers. Saves me having to decide between him and Clyne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

hey hey Rav starts had a feeling that would be so after not starting the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Palace XI: Speroni, Ward, Gabbidon, Delaney, Moxey, Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Bannan, Puncheon, Chamakh, Jerome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is Walker away to Fulham or Rat away to Palace a better bet for a clean sheet? Have Clyne and Chico both with home games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Quick one lads on who to play

Coleman?
    Zab?
    Sessegon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

My strategy for this week is hoping that everyone has forgotten that the GW starts tonight. 45 points last week was by far my worst week since GW1 and red arrows everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

Ozil ---> Hazard
    Britton ---> Ravel

For a 4 point hit. Had to be done but sets me up nicely for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Howson, Coleman, Mickey Turner are my subs in that order. Does that look about right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Quick one lads on who to play

Coleman?
    Zab?
    Sessegon?

Zab for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Just took Coleman out of my team. Put him second sub behind Jedinak. He better not score.

• Advertisement

The most interesting thing tonight FPL wise will be checking out rivals teams once the game finishes updating

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hmm... My dilemma is picking 2 of Collins (Cry A), Vlaar (Sou A) and Dawson (Ful A).

Crystal palace have failed to score at home 4 times. West Ham got 4 CS away.
    Southampton have scored in all their home games bar one. Aston Villa kept 3 CS away.
    Fulham always scored at home (even though only 1 goal each time). Spurs got 4 CS away.

So looking at these stats my choice is between Vlaar and Dawson. Tough one. Have Vlaar on at the moment but somewhat feel that Spurs' thrashing at City is overclouding my judgement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Ditched Dawson for Terry myself. I'm concerned that Dawson will be rested.

KevIRL wrote: »
    The most interesting thing tonight FPL wise will be checking out rivals teams once the game finishes updating

Hadn't thought of that. That my evening fecked so. Thanks a bunch! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Last min change of starting Coleman ahead of Vlaar, Utd more likely to concede than Southampton.

• Advertisement

And away she goes....

FHFC wrote: »
    And away she goes....

Now queue everyone coming on, who didn't realise it had started, or who thought there was more games tonight.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Anyone got a stream, can't access myp2p on work laptop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sounds good to me:

4 mins
    Crystal Palace 0-0 West Ham
    Kevin Nolan is playing a deeper role in the West Ham midfield, leaving Ravel Morrison with the play-making duties behind Carlton Cole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Yep, Ravel playing the number 10 role and looking decent there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Sounds good to me:

4 mins
    Crystal Palace 0-0 West Ham
    Kevin Nolan is playing a deeper role in the West Ham midfield, leaving Ravel Morrison with the play-making duties behind Carlton Cole.
    Pity about the Carlton Cole part.

Collins, what a guy!

2f7g.jpg

Delaney yellow for Palace, hacked down poor Ravel

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭TheSetMiner

Posted a link to google docs with stats for Top 100 FPL Managers in the world and for top 50 FPL managers in boards.ie league on this thread if anyone is interested: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057097067

Collins, what a guy!

2f7g.jpg

Rat has made it in there now.

• Advertisement

Excellent stuff Hammers CS gone, alot of forgetfull managers will be hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bannan assist, great move for me

Chamakh goal, I remember the week I had him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thank fook i left the Rat on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good Move.Ill probably do townsend to bannan for next gw. I was waiting to see if pulis kept playing him. He is a good foot smaller than your typical pulis player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Chamakh my pitch up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Happy with that, my main rival brought in Collins. Now Morrison for the equaliser!

FPL aside, Ravel Morrison is wasted at West Ham, far too skilfull for the players around him. Can't see how he will be seen at his best with donkeys like Cole and Nolan around him

I almost left him on the bench also as there is a chance arnie could play tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Got my eye firmly on him, Pulis loves his crosses into the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

For those of us not willing to shell out to listen to Michael Owen's commentary. Just spotted this offer. Setanta for €1 for December. Includes BT Sport. Happy Days.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057096519&page=2

Good Move.Ill probably do townsend to bannan for next gw. I was waiting to see if pulis kept playing him. He is a good foot smaller than your typical pulis player.

I think the same, I needed the downgrade to fund another transfer(Coutinho), I had to ditch Townsend which I didn't like doing but I need to be sure I've got players who play and someone had said he has been Palace's best player, 4.4 is good for a creative player like he seems to be, his effort taken off the line at the weekend swung it for me.

Got my eye firmly on him, Pulis loves his crosses into the box

4.4,Bloody hell that's cheap.

I think the same, I needed the downgrade to fund another transfer(Coutinho), I had to ditch Townsend which I didn't like doing but I need to be sure I've got players who play and someone had said he has been Palace's best player, 4.4 is good for a creative player like he seems to be, his effort taken off the line at the weekend swung it for me.

That was me my mate was at everton palace a few weeks ago and said bannan was the best player on the pitch. He then scored the week after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Didn't realise gameweek started tonight >< . It's only by chance that I changed my captain etc. Wanted to use at least one of my two free transfers though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Now queue everyone coming on, who didn't realise it had started, or who thought there was more games tonight.

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Didn't realise gameweek started tonight >< . It's only by chance that I changed my captain etc. Wanted to use at least one of my two free transfers though!

That was me my mate was at everton palace a few weeks ago and said bannan was the best player on the pitch. He then scored the week after that.

Cheers for that, i'm hoping to move along for a few weeks now with three budget mids, Ravel, Bannan and Arnie, this allows me to indulge in the top three strikers and 3 top defenders, 4.4 is a great price for that type of player, like Puncheon last year before Pottechino came in.

Cheers for that, i'm hoping to move along for a few weeks now with three budget mids, Ravel, Bannan and Arnie, this allows me to indulge in the top three strikers and 3 top defenders, 4.4 is a great price for that type of player, like Puncheon last year before Pottechino came in.

we have very similar thoughts re midfielders and its been a disaster so far. Not having ramsey, townsend and arnie doing nothing, hopefully coutinho, morrison and bannan can do the business.

Cole and Nolan off Cole and Maiga on

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Raging here that I forgot to make transfers, thinking the gameweek started tomorrow. Wasted two free ones aswell :mad:
    Oh well, at least I remembered to pick the first team and captain :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement