Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Bannon the flavour of the week so ??? 29pts for 14 games..No thanks

He had a load of non appearances earlier in the season, been starting recently though and has 21 points from his last 3 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Was anyone planning on playing Morrison next week anyway? Away to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Bannon the flavour of the week so ??? 29pts for 14 games..No thanks

26 of those have come in his last 6 games...he only featured in two of the first 8 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

roryc wrote: »
    Was anyone planning on playing Morrison next week anyway? Away to Liverpool.

Nope, he is bench fodder most weeks any. Glad to have his suspension cleared for the Christmas period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

So my 4 point hit to swap Mirallas and Townsend for Bannan and Coutinho has started of well enough, 8 points for Barry B. I'm still worried that Townsend will start and make hay against Fulham(though as a Spurs man I'll take it if needs be), hopefully Coutinho will repay my faith tomorrow. I'm not doing terribly well(730 points before tonight) but nearly all my points hits have worked so far, I'm a huge convert to the power of the potential in a well thought out hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Who'll get the bonus points from that game seeing as every Palace defender got 7 bonus points each behind Chamaks 11?
    3 and a LOAD of 2s!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

8 points from Gabbidon and Morrison and hopefully 2baps to come! not a bad start! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Considering I had no one playing tonight I'm pleased with the result. Not many in my leagues have a Palace defender, but a few have a West Ham defender or Morrison.

Also I was on the verge of Oscar -> Morrison earlier today but went for Gerrard in the end, partly due to Morrison being on 4 yellows. Hopefully Rooney finds his way to a yellow card tomorrow night as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I sense Barry B 'trending' on this forum in much the same way as Mickey T. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The BPS will surely change?

Will they?

Now if they want to give Ward the 2 BPS that's fine by me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

jebforever wrote: »
    I sense Barry B 'trending' on this forum in much the same way as Mickey T. :p

How very dare you :mad: Barry B is merely a fad, Turner will always remain in out hearts and minds! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

****. I don't know how I missed it but I had NO idea there was another gameweek starting today, only for someone commented on Facebook. This is what happens when you play Fantasy Football and don't actually watch football. (Which is more effective than you might think, as I'm currently top 50k worldwide. :P)

Had two changed I wanted to make. Was gonna buy Rooney and captain Suarez instead of Aguero, but I guess I may just sit tight and see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

BNMC wrote: »
    Well that went well. 1 point with 10 to play.

Same here, plus -8 for transfers.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

****. I don't know how I missed it but I had NO idea there was another gameweek starting today, only for someone commented on Facebook. This is what happens when you play Fantasy Football and don't actually watch football. (Which is more effective than you might think, as I'm currently top 50k worldwide. :P)

Had two changed I wanted to make. Was gonna buy Rooney and captain Suarez instead of Aguero, but I guess I may just sit tight and see what happens!

Don't watch much myself. The game is more about statistics than soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have a bad feeling about this week which just isn't shifting, 1 point for Morrison when I left Zab on the bench isn't helping.

My three other mids (Hazard, Ozil and Ramsey) could all easily be rested tomorrow evening.

Started the week at 28k. Will be glad to finish it in the top 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

One good news tonight: Morrison YC. He has 10 days to cool his head down and restarts scoring like he was doing.

Three (at least) bad news: Morrison doing nothing which goes with CP CS and WH not keeping a CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

The BPS will surely change?

Will they?

Now if they want to give Ward the 2 BPS that's fine by me :)

CONFIRMED.

Chamakh (3)
    Speroni (2)
    Ward (2)
    Moxey (2)
    Delaney (2)
    Gabbidon (2)
    Bannan (2)

And Gabbidon rises tonight :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Gabbidon - 24pts from last 4 matches - great return for 4m...

iroced wrote: »
    One good news tonight: Morrison YC. He has 10 days to cool his head down and restarts scoring like he was doing.

Three (at least) bad news: Morrison doing nothing which goes with CP CS and WH not keeping a CS.

How many games is Morrison banned for 3 or just 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

How many games is Morrison banned for 3 or just 1?

Well AFAIK it's "only" a YC, the 5th one this season so he gets the legitimate 1 game ban. A game which is away to Liverpool. So it's kind of a good news in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Took a -4 hit to get Suarez in. I downgraded ivanovic to ward so I'm delighted that worked out, 8 points for a 4.0 cheapie and has made up for the points hit already :)

Well AFAIK it's "only" a YC, the 5th one this season so he gets the legitimate 1 game ban. A game which is away to Liverpool. So it's kind of a good news in the end.

Yeah grand that's what i thought, he wont be going anywhere so i was never going to play him against Liverpool anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

1 match ban.....

577s1.gif

could and possibly should of been 3

here's another angle

ibmUIOzzk91O6F.gif

Thug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Footballers are pansies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Thank Jaysus ward didn't react to that scummer ravel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Speroni sub keeper. Shifted bouric out for pantimillion. If Hart starts 8 points off the bench. Goooooo hart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Speroni sub keeper. Shifted bouric out for pantimillion. If Hart starts 8 points off the bench. Goooooo hart

Very unlikely, Pantilimon is the preferred choice at the moment and I can't see Pellegrini changing his mind for the foreseeable future. Would be unfair on Pant as well as he has been solid since taking over from Hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

This is exactly the lineup I want - After GW14

Currently 0.1 short on getting Pantilimon :( And he's set to rise tonight.. what to do, what to do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Suffocate

9 points from Ward and Morrison

Happy with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Gabbidon is my first sub. Hopefully somebody else on the team doesn't get a game :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Played Gabbidon, 8 points :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

0 points for one player, in Demel. Woot.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Bollox.....totally forgot about mid week games and was so busy yesterday I actually had to do a full days work with no internet checking (imagine!). Team looks alright apart from Coleman and Sess, but I lost a transfer which is really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Bollox.....totally forgot about mid week games and was so busy yesterday I actually had to do a full days work with no internet checking (imagine!). Team looks alright apart from Coleman and Sess, but I lost a transfer which is really annoying.

You get to next week though

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Doris300 wrote: »
    You get to next week though

I had 2 this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Danger781 wrote: »

That lad entered that team for the first time this gameweek. i.e. team has been specifically set up for this week only, in fact probably set up for last night only.

I'd bet he set up a number of teams for this week with several player combinations so he'd have a good chance of seeing himself in position 1 for one day at least. It worked :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Green arrows everywhere this morning,it's amazing the difference 9 points makes.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

zerks wrote: »
    Green arrows everywhere this morning,it's amazing the difference 9 points makes.:D

All green arrows for me apart from in the boards FSA league. 1 point from morrison

• Advertisement

-3 from one.....cos thats how I roll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭GBXI

Moved up 50k places from 250k to 200k overall. Thank you Danny Gabbidon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I moved up 299 places globally with my single point, although I suspect points hits probably the main reason why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm normally fairly happy when one of my players make the dream team....but can you guess which one I have

alhflz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I'm up to 13,000 & I don't have Ramsey yet! Could all change after tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I had 1 point and a load of green arrows. What a false sense of security...

All eyes on Coutinho, Nasri and Terry this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

I can beat that!! -4 from none!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

G1032 wrote: »
    I can beat that!! -4 from none!!!

-7 from 1 for me, dropped 30,000 places last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

is the newcastle and swansea game the only game on tv tonight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

115 minutes of huge highs, crushing lows and all round FPL madness.

Cannot wait for 7:45 pm :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement