Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever had unauthorised SEN wallet activity before?

Options
  • 03-12-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Woke up this morning to three emails notifying that a deposit of 50 euro had been made into my SEN wallet from my credit card (so a total of 150 euro). Obviously I didn't authorise these transactions and this is very concerning. Thankfully the funds are still there and so can probably be refunded. I have changed my SEN password and emailed playstation support to explain the situation and am awaiting their response.

Anybody else have this happen to them before? What was the explanation given to you? Did you get a refund easily?

It's probably complete coincidence but I activated my ps4 yesterday, and also enabled remote play over wifi for linking with my vita. Anyone think it could be possible that my account was hacked/compromised via this route?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Woke up this morning to three emails notifying that a deposit of 50 euro had been made into my SEN wallet from my credit card (so a total of 150 euro). Obviously I didn't authorise these transactions and this is very concerning. Thankfully the funds are still there and so can probably be refunded. I have changed my SEN password and emailed playstation support to explain the situation and am awaiting their response.

Anybody else have this happen to them before? What was the explanation given to you? Did you get a refund easily?

It's probably complete coincidence but I activated my ps4 yesterday, and also enabled remote play over wifi for linking with my vita. Anyone think it could be possible that my account was hacked/compromised via this route?

go to settings and billing info - change the payments from automatic, for some reason mine was set on auto payments. I would imagine they are all set like that, but unauthorised payments - then just delete your card number

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

gep91 wrote: »
    go to settings and billing info - change the payments from automatic, for some reason mine was set on auto payments. I would imagine they are all set like that, but unauthorised payments - then just delete your card number

Thanks but there wasn't (thankfully) any payment made. 'Something' just make three transfers of 50 euro from my card to my PSN wallet and now the funds are just sitting there unused.

Advertisement