Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Contract Question

Options
  • 03-12-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I have a query regarding phone contracts. I had a 22 month contract with Meteor for a phone. They were charging me some strange tarrifs and it was getting too much.

I missed two months payments and they cancelled my contract and cut my phone off. Then they took the last 8 months of the contract from my bank account.

My question is, they took all of the money due to the last 8 months. Should they not owe me those minutes and time?

They did get the money for those two months as well...But they said it was too late, contract cancelled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

What did the terms and conditions of your contract say?

I assume they determined that your non-payment was a breach of contract, and took the further payment as the fee due. Sounds like fairly standard terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 subzero10

They took near 400 Euro off me and I got nothing out of it. A phone which was paid off ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

subzero10 wrote: »
    They took near 400 Euro off me and I got nothing out of it. A phone which was paid off ages ago.

Failure to pay your bill will suspend or terminate your contract. Early termination will result in you paying cancellation charges.

Advertisement