Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manually classifying images in an sql database?

Options
  • 03-12-2013 2:26pm

I have this idea.. I have a folder full of images. I'd like to show these images locally in a webpage and beside each one, there's drop down menus for what each image contains. These drop downs edit an sql table with the info and filename.

In the future, I could run queries on this database and show images.

Any basic code for doing this? Or a good pointer at a tutorial? I saw my friend do it once with php but we've fallen out of touch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

I have this idea.. I have a folder full of images. I'd like to show these images locally in a webpage and beside each one, there's drop down menus for what each image contains. These drop downs edit an sql table with the info and filename.

In the future, I could run queries on this database and show images.

Any basic code for doing this? Or a good pointer at a tutorial? I saw my friend do it once with php but we've fallen out of touch.

Is this a desktop application? Hosted on a server? Where are

Initially, all local through Wamp.

EXAMPLE

Drop down 1 Drop down 2 Drop down 3 etc.. Confirm button.
    menu
    options
    from
    sql
    table
    axis

The idea would be that any drop down options selected would then enter the database with a "yes" for that image.. I guess first I have to do is create an sql table with the image address and then run a php script to bring up the images and the menus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Sounds like you want to tag images.
    Could you use off-the-shelf gallery software?

I'd love to if the data went into a table I could use on a webserver?

Jesus, adding "tag" to the google searching makes things a whole lot easier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

So what happens when a file is moved from the folder? It's pretty straightforward what you are asking really.

Basically you want to store meta data about the file. However you know do know you can store a certain amount of meta data within the image file itself? Create a program that points to the folder that points to the pictures and you can add/edit the metadata directly rather than having to intervene with storing references in databases and so forth.

Advertisement